Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

My friend Jeremy Hoyland-keep him in your thoughts

Jeremy Hoyland - Hold on my friend...
    Craig Day sounded the warning and I want to thank you Craig for your concerns and support of our brother, Jeremy Hoyland. Thank you for posting your concerns and sharing with all of us your fears. I value your kinship and thank you from my our heart to yours.

Kaye Syke called me early this morning. I heard the words 'Jeremy'...and grabbed my head, my heart exploding in my hands........I called her and lost myself for a few minutes, as any of us do when faced with a harsh reality.

Late last night I was purposly going through my photos from Worlds to find all of Jeremy's images, he was heavy on my mind and I found a bevvy of them, I laughed at each one as his intense and driven nature compliments mine well when working on the water on his behalf and you who compete...

Jeremy Hoyland is our IJSBA Race director, one of 3 from World Finals. He is also the IJSBA Race Director for the Bali Games, which has been taking place this past week. Staff members from World Finals flew over to manage the prestigious event.

It appears he went riding with 3 others, was left behind, in the water with a cell phone, lost transmission and now our Jeremy is lost at sea. Thirty hours have passed, if these reports are correct.

Jeremy is my brother, my champion and my friend. He is my anchor, and if he is mine, he is surely yours. I love Jeremy with loyalty, kinship and would die for him if needed. This situation has overwelmed me and I am sitting here typing thinking of his wife and children back home in England. I am so sorry they are going through this when Jeremy is so far away. He told me of his wife and girls and we went shopping together to our clothing booth to style them out and choose what they would want, he was excited picking out things to take home as he missed his girls.

Jeremy and I when we talk we stand about 5 inches from one anothers faces, like warriors with intensity we are focused and know exactly what to do. I know Jeremy is not one to panic nor to discount life, he has it all squared up, he has been a hero of mine since I first met him along with Bob Crabtree at the World Finals. As soon as I see Jeremy, I light up.

The last time I saw my friend, he was in his rental car, it was the day after Worlds, we were packing up, he drove over to speak to Scott and yelled out the window, 'I'll be right 'ack, stay 'ere, I want to talk to you, be 'ight back!' Enthusiastically, we waved and smiled and gave some hand signals and I waited, never to see him again.

Jeremy can hold on and I am sure that is what he is doing right now, he has a big life, he lives a big life and he's my boss, I will do anything for him, because he earned my respect a long time ago. I wish with all my heart and soul I could be of service to my friend right now, sitting here an ocean away, thinking of him connecting with me intuitively, all I can say is 'Jeremy, it will be all right, it will sort itself out' with confidence. Please join me in prayer and thankfulness for Jeremy to return to his family and to once again shine the light in our day.

This posting is for positive comments from those who care. Any others will be eliminated. I do not want to hear anything negative about Jeremy's situation, I will hunt you down myself and take care of you, so you better show respect for my brother, or i will teach you something about 'respect'. I do not want any postings about why or how or whom he rode with or the buddy system, it is not necessary. Please share your love, that is all that is required of you.

Shawn Alladio

ABG Jetski race director gone missing
    The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sat, 10/25/2008 9:36 AM | National

Asian Beach Games (ABG) jetski race director Jeremy Holland has gone missing since Friday afternoon, Antara news agency reported on Saturday.

The British national reportedly went missing after a jetski ride to Nusa Lembongan.

Holland was said to have travelled with three friends, but all three returned to Tanjung Benoa beach without him.

"Their trip to Lembongan was unrelated to the ABG race as there was no scheduled route survey that day," Indonesian Jetski Sport association chairman Syaiful Ihsan said.

Five helicopters and a Bali Search and Rescue (SAR) boat had been dispatched to locate Holland since Friday afternoon.

"The search has been extended to cover the Gilitapekong Lombok straits," Bali SAR chief I Ketut Parwa said. (amr)
    Last edited by shawn alladio; 10-26-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo

Banned User
    +1
    Shawn, so you have a recent picture of Jeremy?? Trying to figure out if I meet him here at the WF this year. I was over there a week before the event started, watching them set up the buoys. Just trying to put a face with a name.

+1
    I am struggling right now to connect all the dots....here is a picture of Jeremy briefing our team.....I need more time to figure things out. He could be alive right now, easily, as tough as he is. Please pray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeremy addressing water patrol.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	451.3 KB 
ID:	100894  

Banned User
    +1
    I'm pretty sure I haven't met Jeremy.
    This is so sad. I'm not pointing the finger at anybody but; I was always taught that when you go riding in the Ocean you never go alone, and you are never out of sight of your riding partner(s). This whole thing is an incredible shock. I'm hoping for the best.

+1
    Yes, the 'buddy check' is very important for our well being while on the water. I'm sure Jeremy was pretty pissed off! LOL Knowing him well enough, 'bloody....'

We all recognize that and I the other 3 riders I am sure are destroyed realizing the importance of this firsthand, I can assure they are suffering thier own private horrors. Let's focus on the positive reocvery of our friend Jeremy and stay away from anything that may incite an internet posting that could damage his young daughters or wife that we may post.

Jeremy's situation can be another reminder unfortunatley of our responsibilities when we take to the our activity. For now, he can still be holding on and I am focusing on that, please join me.

http://www.pwcforums.co.uk//forum_po...=258547#258547

+1
    ABG race official stranded on unknown island

The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sat, 10/25/2008 10:55 AM | National
    Asian Beach Games (ABG) British jetski race director Jeremy Holland is reportedly stranded on an unknown island.

"I managed to get through to him by cell phone, but he said he did not know where he was," Grace, an ABG official, told kompas.com Saturday morning.

"He then said he was thirsty," she said, adding that the contact was made Friday evening.

Meanwhile, search and rescue officers continued the search with the help of the Bali Police cyber crime unit in tracing the location of the call.

"The exact location is still unknown as the connection of the call was not that clear," a Bali police officer said.

Holland reportedly went missing when he and three other jetski race judges took off to Lembongan for a jetski ride.

He is thought to have lost his way en route back to Tanjung Benoa beach, one of the ABG locations.

Banned User
    +1
    That's fantastic news!!!! Still hoping for the best.

Here's the link too the UK forum; The other link you posted didn't work, hope this one does.
    http://www.pwcforums.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=30658

+1
    Jet ski official missing on leisure trip

Sat, 10/25/2008 1:03 PM | Asian Beach Games
    An international technical delegate for the Asian Beach Games' jet ski sport went missing during a trip to Nusa Lembongan islet, southeast of Bali, officials said Friday.
    As of Friday evening, beach patrol police and a rescue team were still searching for the missing man, identified as Jeremy Holland from Britain, using three helicopters and four jet skis. Local fishermen were also asked to join the search.
    Games organizers said Holland went to the island with four of his friends on three jet skis at around 9 a.m. Three of his friends on two of the crafts returned to the jet ski venue at Tanjung Benoa Beach at around 1 p.m., but Holland, who was supposed to preside over the evening race, failed to turn up at the base.
    Jet ski competition manager Fully Aswar said Holland and his friends had asked for his permission to ride their crafts near Tanjung Benoa Beach. Aswar said he found out later that they went to Nusa Lembongan islet instead.
    "It was not in the jet ski sport schedule. They went there on their own will. I only found out that he was missing when I checked the team for the next competition," Aswar told The Jakarta Post on Friday evening.
    Aswar regretted that Holland's friends did not immediately report to the Games officials as soon as they found out that their friend was missing.
    "The basic rule in jet ski sport is that a jet skier must keep within sight,"he said.
    Aswar said Holland was contactable through his cellphone at around 2 p.m. and said that he was about two miles (3.22 km) away from the seashore. But later he could not be reached.
    At around 6 p.m. his number could be contacted but there was no response.

+1
    Kaye Sykes started a facebook page: Find Jeremy Hoyland (Holland)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33314837218

one sight said that He had been contacted via cell and stated that he was stranded on an Island then the signal died ?? authorities were trying to track the cell? any truth ? I hope He is OK!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information