S/C Question 08 RXT-X

Iím new to the forum and PWCís in general so I apologize in advance on what might be considered a dumb question. Iíve recently purchased a 2008 RXT-X and read a lot of posts regarding the failure of the washers in the supercharger. However, everything Iíve read refers to pre 2008 models. So my question is, do the 2008 models have the same problems with the supercharger washers? Is there anything else I should look out for?

RAW

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Iím new to the forum and PWCís in general so I apologize in advance on what might be considered a dumb question. Iíve recently purchased a 2008 RXT-X and read a lot of posts regarding the failure of the washers in the supercharger. However, everything Iíve read refers to pre 2008 models. So my question is, do the 2008 models have the same problems with the supercharger washers? Is there anything else I should look out for?

RAW
    The 2008 PWC have BRP's new metal washers so you are safe from the ceramic washer failures.

Banned User
    +1
    +1
    I have over 80 hours on mine, and when we last checked the slip moment on the clutch washers(about 3 hours ago), it was still at around 90"/lbs. Stock is around 110/120. So they still don't need to be replaced.

My advice would be to figure out how you ride, and at around 80 hours or so, have the slip moment checked. Sooner, if you feel the ski is down on power.

+1
    Doesn't the SC require overhaul at 100 hours to stay in warranty?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Doesn't the SC require overhaul at 100 hours to stay in warranty?
    Yep, I've even heard that the 08 skis go into limp mode at 100 hours until they are reset by the dealer

First, let me thank you all for you responses. I feel much better about this being that I just purchased this machine and have only 3 hrs on it before packing it away for the winter.

When I did purchase the machine, the dealer did mention that the 100 hr maintenance was required. He didnít say anything about the S/C but stressed the 100 hr maintenance so I suspect there is some S/S maintenance.

And it sounds like the 100 hour maintenance is going to be expensive at many dealers... Ron

Banned User
    +1
    This is a no brainer. The supercharger is easy to take out. You'll need a 1/4" little wrench, and socket for the "special bolts". There are four.

I'm sure there are "How to's" on how to remove your supercharger. When you have 100hrs, or when the SCMAINT light comes on, remove the supercharger and send it to Jerry for rebuild. When you get it back, take the receipt you get from the work Jerry did, along with your boat, to the dealer and have them hook up the B.U.D.S. unit to reset the light.

Thread Information