drive shaft holder question, is it necessary?

Im going to be removing my jet pump. Is it necessary to have the drive shaft holder tool on a 06 RXP ? Im going to be rebuilding my jet pump.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo76 View Post
    Im going to be removing my jet pump. Is it necessary to have the drive shaft holder tool on a 06 RXP ? Im going to be rebuilding my jet pump.
    No tool needed... can be a little tricky putting the pump back in if your not running a nose cone But a short piece of rope makes that easy

cool, thanks for the info. I guess ill found out how tricky it will be when i get back together

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo76 View Post
    When you remove the pump, let the driveshaft hang while you work on the pump. If you will have the pump removed for any extended period, prop up the driveshaft as a precaution, although I don't think it is needed.

When you go to replace the pump, you will probably have to reach your hand/fingers through the intake grate to lift the driveshaft while you are pushing the pump back into place. I lean back, putting my left hand through the intake grate lifting the driveshaft, while wiggling the pump into place with my right hand. --jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    When you remove the pump, let the driveshaft hang while you work on the pump. If you will have the pump removed for any extended period, prop up the driveshaft as a precaution, although I don't think it is needed.

When you go to replace the pump, you will probably have to reach your hand/fingers through the intake grate to lift the driveshaft while you are pushing the pump back into place. I lean back, putting my left hand through the intake grate lifting the driveshaft, while wiggling the pump into place with my right hand. --jeremy
    thanks for the tip

Thread Information