Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXPX WORX grate results:

No hype, no BS, here's what I got (no superman). After 1 hour of use:

Stock: 68.9MPH @ 8060RPM. 1/2 tank. I'm 150lbs.

Ride plate holes filled: no measureable difference in top speed.

WORX grate: 70.8MPH @ 8100RPM. 1/2 tank. Still 150lbs.

Handling compared to stock grate:
    No cavitation experienced.There is a more noticeable "ripple pop" rapid slapping sound from the hull with the WORX, trim seems a touch more bow down. Did not appreciate any drastic increase cornering bite others had noted. I will say transition to a cornering "edge" is more predictable-I like it compared to stock!
    Ride in light chop was noticeably improved however, I did experience a slight bit of bucking when the grate got loose and got a forcefull dose of water upon rehooking-might have been stuffing a bit more than the stocker in those settings. No test in heavier chop yet but I suspect the bucking might be an issue - time will tell.
    Fuel consumption seems similar to stock grate, that is to say awful.

I pride myself on being relatively immune to "mod goggles" (we've all read posts where the latest mod is the most wonderful thing ever in the history of pwc's just because the poster happened to have spent money on it).

My conclusion: the grate is a keeper unless it demonstrates problematic bucking in heavier stuff. I have not run the Riva or the R&D on my RXPX. I have been on an RXPX with a stock cut grate and an RXTX (may not be a valid comparison) with a Riva grate and will say that I prefer the WORX. YMMV.

Banned User
    +1
    "Mod google"....I love it

+1
    Mod Goggles?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiley-x.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	100914  

+1
    The bucking isn't happening in the rought stuff it happens in the smooth water with a tiny ripple then BAM u go flyin'

+1
    thanks for the reivew. I should get a back to back test on T-X with Riva, Worx, and stock moded sometime.

Update:

Finally braved some 50F air to test on some glass. Found another 20 RPM for a total of 8120, barely broke 71MPH with a full tank and trim one click down from max. Water temps were 66F. Call it an honest 2 MPH gain over stock grate. Handling was still an improvement over stock on glass.
    The crackling sound the grate makes was even more noticeable, on smooth water one can feel as well as hear it. It's the first time I have heard a grate do this... any thoughts? Everything is tight and I use silicone per instructions.

+1
    I hear the same sound with the Riva and R&D grates. You get on glass water and it becomes very apparent. It really freaks me out when I'm going 75+ and it sounds like the grate is going to be ripped out from under the ski resulting in me over the handle bars. It happened once!

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    I hear the same sound with the Riva and R&D grates. You get on glass water and it becomes very apparent. It really freaks me out when I'm going 75+ and it sounds like the grate is going to be ripped out from under the ski resulting in me over the handle bars. It happened once!
    Interesting, my waverunners did not do this with aftermarket grates. Thanks.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eleventenths View Post
    ... "mod goggles"...
    ... we've all been there... but shame on our senses (and wallets)

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Finally braved some 50F air to test on some glass. Found another 20 RPM for a total of 8120, barely broke 71MPH with a full tank and trim one click down from max. Water temps were 66F. Call it an honest 2 MPH gain over stock grate. Handling was still an improvement over stock on glass.
    The crackling sound the grate makes was even more noticeable, on smooth water one can feel as well as hear it. It's the first time I have heard a grate do this... any thoughts? Everything is tight and I use silicone per instructions.
    Its like this on almost every X really not matter what grate you have on but it sounds louder with the WORX because of how far down off the hull its sits.....This grate loads water into the tunnel and also creats a slapping noise while riding.....

Interesting, my waverunners did not do this with aftermarket grates. Thanks.
    X boats or Seadoo's for that matter are not like a waverunner different designs create different effects.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information