Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple of winter storage questions?

I filled a 6 gallon tank with a hose fitting on it with safe antifreeze and hooked it up to my flushes on my 2008 speedster 200 . I ran it for a minute on each motor ,I pressurized it the same pressure as the hose on my house , I opened it when the motor was running and ran it for a minute on each motor and saw only the antifreeze coming out ,closed the hose and then shut off motor. I then took the plugs out and sprayed fogging oil in each ,held open the throttle and cranked for 5 second and put plugs back in. I put stbbil additive in and topped off tank and finally sprayed the heck out of everything with brp fluid. I should be good for the winter right?

Quote Originally Posted by atom1234 View Post
    I filled a 6 gallon tank with a hose fitting on it with safe antifreeze and hooked it up to my flushes on my 2008 speedster 200 . I ran it for a minute on each motor ,I pressurized it the same pressure as the hose on my house , I opened it when the motor was running and ran it for a minute on each motor and saw only the antifreeze coming out ,closed the hose and then shut off motor. I then took the plugs out and sprayed fogging oil in each ,held open the throttle and cranked for 5 second and put plugs back in. I put stbbil additive in and topped off tank and finally sprayed the heck out of everything with brp fluid. I should be good for the winter right?
    I would pull the injector rails of and spray bomb lube in the ports. This way you get a nice oil coat on the valve seats and faces. If these parts of the valves corrode it could hinder performance in the future drastically.

How often do the valves corrode, just sitting for 5 to 6 months it will do that ? I've owned cars that I didnt drive for 9months to a year and I never had any problems, then I go and do a rebuild to upgrade or change the setup and I've never seen any decay. What are the valves made of?

which engine is in the 200?
    Your owners manual should have the info on winterizing.
    The 4-tecs are prone to valve stem rust/corrosion.
    also depends on where/how you store your boat/ski`s...

Usually I pull the fuel rail and injectors and spray fogging oil thru the ports. This year I just pulled the plugs and sprayed fogging oil. Did everything else as usual. I store my ski in a non-heated garage.

I think you have to take the moisture rich environments into consideration jet skis and boat engines have bilges which hold water and will evaporates and make their way into your engine cars don't have bilges and are fairly open compartments, marine engine compartments are almost air tight with no air circulation so your engine is marinading in that corrosion promoting Environment. Personally its cheap insurance, sure you may not think its making a difference NOW but in the future it probably will, plus, why not? it will only help. You want to do whatever you can to prolong the life of your engine.

Question. I have an X model, winterizing today, and the only documents I can find are 2005 and 2007. Basically the same except for the external intercooler. Anything different I should do? Maybe even remove and store in the house? Thoughts, guidance greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have the 215sc motor,do I have to remove the plugs again and I used fogger oil ,is that the same as bomb oil?should I wrap the air filter with plastic to make air tight ,how often do I need to clean the k+n filter

Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    Question. I have an X model, winterizing today, and the only documents I can find are 2005 and 2007. Basically the same except for the external intercooler. Anything different I should do? Maybe even remove and store in the house? Thoughts, guidance greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Personally i would. I would rather have it sitting in my house then in my jet ski with anti freeze sitting in it. This would be the best thing to do for the life of the I/C

Quote Originally Posted by atom1234 View Post
    I have the 215sc motor,do I have to remove the plugs again and I used fogger oil ,is that the same as bomb oil?should I wrap the air filter with plastic to make air tight ,how often do I need to clean the k+n filter
    You probably don't need to but to prevent any chance of hydro lock i would take the plugs out. I don't think it matters what you use I'm sure any marine fogging spray will be fine.

Thanks Red devil. I actually did remove and store intercooler inside with battery and fire extinguisher. All else done per seadoo bulletin. Now for the long winter wait.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information