BRP Warranty Questions

Another question from the new guy... What performance mods can be done without "technically" voiding your factory warranty. The speed gains are Awesome, but do you guys recommend waiting through the factory warranty for the first year? Some of you I'm sure would say HELL NO! but replacing a blown up engine could be rough out of pocket.. Although PPG would get the call to drop in the big HP monster. Hull mods and bolt ons OK? What does Sea-Doo do if your sc clutch goes out under warranty?

+1
    Not sure what people are going to say, but I'm sure there are cool dealers that could get around the mods. Knowing my luck I'd get busted and not covered. So my recommendation is to do mods that are not necessarily a deal breaker like sponsons, OPAS removal, intake grate, even an impeller. As far as cold air intakes, racing ECU's, intercoolers, well I would still get them but might go so far as removing and replacing with stock if the shit hits the fan and you're looking at a big problem. I have a Vortech sitting at home that I want on so badly but the summer is just starting here in the NW and I don't want the downtime as I'm afraid of that SC being opened up and the clutch shattering with eye contact.

i have wondered the same thing myself. i have talked to numerous dealers as well as brp..i didnt get a straight answer out of any of them...because there is no straight answer. the general inpression that i got was that if you touch something and it breaks..then they have to prove that whatever you did was the cause of the problem. i dont know how much room brp really has to say what they will and will not cover but at 14 hours my sc clutch just went. so i will be getting a extended warranty and leaving the sc and engine alone. i will put my efforts into the smaller stuff..the most bang for the buck sorta thing

how long have you had the BOV on? It seems like with or without it, the clutches still can fry. I am wondering the same also with BRP. We have an RXP and RXT. The RXT is for dad and he is just fine with it as is. You know, 60 years old and I guess 67 mph feels faster. I want the Bov and handling improvements, but the internal mods seem like you'd be up the creek if it were to break. We also got the BRP extended warranties and don't want to get screwed but we might as well try some stuff....

i had the bov on there for 2 days before it went. i installed a bov on my dads rxt and he has had no problems yet..needless to say i took the bov off and stuck the stock elbow back on there before i took it to the dealer. the last thing i need is warranty issues with brp. i just want my ski back in a timely fashion.

Thread Information