Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: mods to a rxp

  1. #1
    Avion3333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    686

    mods to a rxp

    what mods can you do to a rxp to keep up with a ultra in terms of speed and hook up for offshore riding


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    what mods can you do to a rxp to keep up with a ultra in terms of speed and hook up for offshore riding
    There's not alot that's gonna make a RXP keep up with an Ultra in rough water..Pump extension will help but a RXP is home in flat water.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    I ride on the sea in great britan,ive got a 07 rxp,with plenty of power,any consistant chop,and you will fall back,the kaks are king of chop,be brave,ride hard,hope for some smooth water,try to pick him off.07 rxp c4,wheel,riva pipe,riva grate,wedge,15/20,riva air intake,best speed 73.9 gps,xs cooler due any day,

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    what mods can you do to a rxp to keep up with a ultra in terms of speed and hook up for offshore riding
    WORX grate (might be able to play with the angle of the scoop too by shimming the front mount, I'm not sure?), pump extension or Rotax Racing pump (maybe you can combine them?), 3 blade prop, stock venturi nozzle (83mm), play with the angle of the rideplate (back of plate down with shims), Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs, UMI steering system so you can get more weight forward and control the craft better.

  5. #5
    Avion3333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    WORX grate (might be able to play with the angle of the scoop too by shimming the front mount, I'm not sure?), pump extension or Rotax Racing pump (maybe you can combine them?), 3 blade prop, stock venturi nozzle (83mm), play with the angle of the rideplate (back of plate down with shims), Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs, UMI steering system so you can get more weight forward and control the craft better.
    so in terms of engine mods what would i need to do..........what is the average speed should i be doing to hold up with the ultras

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    so in terms of engine mods what would i need to do..........what is the average speed should i be doing to hold up with the ultras
    Engine mods aren't going to help unless you're in the water. Focus on hookup and go from there. Talk to the offshore racing crowd. They could tell you for sure.

  7. #7
    steved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    358
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    I ride on the sea in great britan,ive got a 07 rxp,with plenty of power,any consistant chop,and you will fall back,the kaks are king of chop,be brave,ride hard,hope for some smooth water,try to pick him off.07 rxp c4,wheel,riva pipe,riva grate,wedge,15/20,riva air intake,best speed 73.9 gps,xs cooler due any day,
    I ride in the UK with My mate Hydrotherapy. I have a 2005 RXP all the mods as soon as you hit choppy water you might as well be in a bath Tub. Hold on to stay on . But great fun ?????

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Thats it,the kak in chop is as easy as grannys armchair no fun at all,just sit and gently rock BORING AS well grannys arm chair

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Mod to new RXP 300!!
    By FallinOffHurts in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 07:47 PM
  2. Finally did my 1st Mods to my RXP
    By fitnessguy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 12:03 PM
  3. Newbie to RXP - Order of mods for 04 RXP?
    By snowrunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:01 AM
  4. If you need any mods done to your RXP contact W.M.F !
    By speeddemon in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
  5. RXP 79.2mph, mods to get me there!!
    By seadoo02xp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •