Things Aren't Always As The Appear

A man was flying from Seattle to San Francisco. Unexpectedly, the plane stopped in Sacramento along the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft, the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. The man had noticed him as he walked by and could tell the gentleman was blind because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. He could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him, and calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?"

The blind man replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this:

All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!

+1

Truth or fiction?

+1
    Umm? I could believe it.

True story,
    Back in the day, I worked off shore and they flew us back and forth from the dock to the platform by helicopter. There was 1 clown of a pilot who loved to play tricks and one crew change morning we were @ the dock waiting on a couple of contractors to get on board so we can go. The pilot knew in advance of these 2 guys, who did not know him from Adam. He put on another guys jacket to cover his uniform and was sitting in the back seat of the chopper reading the paper. When these 2 guys got on board and everyone was there, he started bitching about the pilot not being there and how he was tired of waiting, had been on enough flights to know how to fly, and so one. Me and the other company guy who knew what was going on just played along and encouraged his antics. He finally got out and got into the pilots seat and started the start up process on the chopper. Needless to say, the 2 contractors could not get out of the chopper fast enough. I still cry with laughter thinking about the looks on those 2 guys faces!

+1
    I bet the look on their faces were priceless !!

Not to mention the cleanup afterwords..........

That similar thing happened to us on a flight to a Texaco platform. The only thing different was that the pilot had put on a pair of coveralls and he acted like he was the mechanic. Saying that if he could work on them and if he could get it started he could fly it. Well needless to say some got off in a hurry before he got that turbine whinning. Lucky I knew the pilot or I would of been one of them looking for the door.

+1
    You would have to have been there.
    I'm sure this is probably a joke that 1 out of every 5 pilots in the oilfield play, it just never gets old.

Thread Information