Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXPX 15 hrs (maint) only 6000-6100 rpms

I just bought a very new RXPX. Only has 15 hrs. The maint has not been done yet and the screen is showing that it needs to. (tried to get it done yesterday when I bought it, but the seadoo mech had already left)

Anyway, I rode on of these about 3 months ago so I know what it should sound and feel like.

Mine seems to sound perfect as it runs up to the 6k rpms (49/50mph) and that's where she max's out. Is it possible that when maint is due, it kicks down to L2-R the 2nd learning level which is described in the specs as 6k/50mph?

Thanks for any help you can provide, it's a very nice ski!

+1
    The "MAINT" light is timed and comes on at set intervals. It would not affect anything with your engine. My light has been on for about ten hours now and no problems. I got my 10 hour service done before ten hours and before the "MAINT" light turned on. When you bring it in for service, they will reset the light.

Now for RPM loss, to me, it sounds like supercharger trouble. I am not an expert by any means, but after reading these forums for a few months, I started to pick up on a few things. I'm sure somebody with more SC knowledge will chime in in a few.

Is there anyway to tell that it's the SC? No lights appear.

I have to admit it doesn't launch like the one I tried before. No way that its anywhere near 0-50 in 3sec. What's the process to get the SC replaced/repaired? It's normally covered by warranty right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razrfish View Post
    Is there anyway to tell that it's the SC? No lights appear.

I have to admit it doesn't launch like the one I tried before. No way that its anywhere near 0-50 in 3sec. What's the process to get the SC replaced/repaired? It's normally covered by warranty right?

No lights would appear if its the SC. The only way to be sure is to pull it. Have the ceramic washers been changed?

It all depends on how handy you are. If you want to tackle it yourself, there instructions on the forums that will guide you through it. Or you can bring it in to the dealer. I've read some horror stories about dealers not fixing it correctly or the ski being held up for months. Being that winter is coming, you prob. won't be riding that much, so if it's at the dealer for a while, its not that big of a deal. It's really your decison, depending on how confident you feel.

Also, where are you located? Members on here are located all over the world and someone is prob. located near you.

Check out this link. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=failure

The RXP-X's have metal washers. But they did have problems with the SC & IC hoses popping off. Pull the seat and trace from the SC to the IC and from the IC to the TB. Something is loose and you're not getting boost... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    The RXT-X's have metal washers. But they did have problems with the SC & IC hoses popping off. Pull the seat and trace from the SC to the IC and from the IC to the TB. Something is loose and you're not getting boost... Ron

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure what they had.

Connections seem to be good and tight from SC to IC can't really get a good look from IC. Any ideas...

Thoughts? I can definitely believe that it's not getting boost. It doesn't feel like the one I had tried before.

Yet I can definitely hear the whine of the SC (sweet) - and the motor sounds perfect. No surging, no sputter or anything. When I rode the other RXPX it would literally launch itself out of the water when I trimmed up and hole-shot. Mine doesn't - so I'm probably not getting boost at any rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razrfish View Post
    Yet I can definitely hear the whine of the SC (sweet) - and the motor sounds perfect. No surging, no sputter or anything. When I rode the other RXPX it would literally launch itself out of the water when I trimmed up and hole-shot. Mine doesn't - so I'm probably not getting boost at any rpms.
    Razr, check the slip moment of your s/c? can u spin the impeller by hand? if so, u got problems!! otherwise it sounds to me as though you mite have a loose hose somewhere, check all the clamps.

+1
    Pull the engine cowling off to get a better look at the IC and piping. Youll be able to see a lot better when the cowling is off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information