Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Newbe with a Yamaha wave runner 760.

I'm about as green as it gets when it comes to jet skies, so I'm sure I will need lots of help.

I had some renters just up and leave. They left behind this jet ski (and everything else they owned. Anybody want some rabbits) The jet sky was out back in a hole the dogs had dug. The seat cushions have been chewed off. Tires are flat and the battery is dead. It was last registered in 1995, so I emagion it has been sitting there all this time. The engine compartment looks spotless though.

My questions as of right now are....

After draining the gas tank, what gas/oil mixture should I fill it with? Is it safe to start it up without it being in the water? Do I go to the DMV to get it registered and legal? Where can I get replacement seats? Should I just drag it to the street with the rest of the trash?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if you can't register it , it isn't worth your time , and it might be stolen ??

Naturally, if it's stolen, it would be turned over to the proper athorities. I honestly don't think these people would have kept a stolen jet ski, though. They just didn't seem like the type.
    Do jet skies have vin numbers like cars? Couldn't they go by the old registration to determine if it's stolen or not?

you have a pm

hey big raider can i get a pm to? im in need of information about stolen skis....my ski is registered and all that but the guy i bought it off of was really sketchy..thanks alot

If anyone knows the answers to these two questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can I start it while it's not in the water?
    What gas/oil mixture do I use?

I have the battery on a charger and plan to fire it up later today.
    Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegance Coral View Post
    If anyone knows the answers to these two questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You can start your ski out of the water. I would recommenhookimg it up to the hose and run it but you can see if it'll start without the hose but just not for a long time. Reason why is that you don't have water going through your cylinders to cool them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance Coral View Post

Thanks.
    start it up for 15-20 seconds out of water and run 40:1 yamalube or 50:1 full synthetic i personally run pennzoil 100% synthetic from walmart

Thanks for the help guys. I'll post a pic and let you know if it runs, a little later today. I'm going to be sooo stoked if this thing runs.

Quote Originally Posted by big raider View Post
    start it up for 15-20 seconds out of water and run 40:1 yamalube or 50:1 full synthetic i personally run pennzoil 100% synthetic from walmart
    +1 although it would help to tell is the make & model,it probably has oil injection.Look for an oil tank,make sure its not too low.A water hose can cause damage if not done properly(the correct way is water turned on after its running,water turned off right before shutting engine down).Hope this helps.Its probably not stolen and you may be dollars ahead to part it out here on the forum.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information