Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Does your RXP porpoise?

If so, when?

I am running in the 72 MPH range right now in the Texas summer heat and have not run into this. My ski stays pretty hooked up as it stands. Granted, I am heavy and have a lot of experience keeping skis in the water; but after ditching the OPAS and getting the Riva grate I haven't seen any hook up issues much less porposing.

i do if my trim is any higher than 1 click above middle(at wot). i still have the stock grate so that could be it. its not that violent but it gets annoying.

+1
    Seems that most brand skis have more of a porpoising problem with more rider weight than they do with less. At certain speeds anyway. The RXP seems to be more prone in the upper speed range. Does more weight reduce the bounce on the RXP? Like Jarrett says, he's no lightweight and he doesn't have that problem, so maybe it does.

Richard

im atleast 220..so i dont think thats it..lol..ill try the grate and see

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Seems that most brand skis have more of a porpoising problem with more rider weight than they do with less. At certain speeds anyway. The RXP seems to be more prone in the upper speed range. Does more weight reduce the bounce on the RXP? Like Jarrett says, he's no lightweight and he doesn't have that problem, so maybe it does.

Richard
    it's not so much how much weight there is, but how you use it. Body position is everything, and it varies with the riders weight. At WOT (68-69), I have to have my weight pretty far aft (I weigh 260), but if I go to far, it starts again. If I sit all the way up at the bars, it's not too bad, but I can't get past 66 (I'm sure wind resistance is the culprit here).

+1
    I guess I should clarify myself, I can make the ski porpoise. I can make any ski porpoise , but that's not the point. My concern is do you have uncontrollable porpoising on your RXP?

I hear everyone once in a while that people's stock RXP will porpoise. Other times I've heard people say they are ok until you exceed 75 MPH and only then does the uncontrollable porpoising become a problem.

I just want to find out what others are experiencing and figure out how real porpoising is across the board for us.

+1
    My porpoising would start when accelerating real hard from 70 mph to top speed. If i eased into the throttle from 70 up to top speed it would start porpoising at around 74-75 and be bouncing like a ball at 77.

+1
    I look at porpoising like the death wobble kids on bicycles or motorcyclists get when the front tire increasingly goes uncontrolably left and right. When I porpoise it starts around 65 and if I don't let off or get control of it buy using trim or shifting my 185 pound frame then it gets worse and I can't top 68. It's annoying on some days because the slight left to right rippling from boats on an otherwise calm lake cause me more grief than a moderately choppy day.

+1
    My ski has a porpoise at WOT when I shift my weight to the back, is any body using a wedge besides me?

+1
    I did have some porposiing with the wedge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information