Thumbs up Cheap Audio Setup

So I've been lurking around here for the past few months waiting for the right time to introduce myself and post something productive... Recently purchased an '07 SeaDoo GTI SE 155 and loving every minute of it. I'm located in Central California and have a wide variety of lakes and of course the ocean to ride in.

The reason for my post is that for the entire time I've had the ski I have been determined to get some sounds going while I'm out cruising and like many of you I am extremely weary of cutting any holes.

I found a nice little system for about 80 bucks shipped on Ebay and I installed it over the weekend using nothing but velcro. Using the velcro makes it completely removable in only a few seconds which is great when I really want to push it hard or in Choppy water... The speakers are listed as fully waterproof but I took no chances and went over them with clear silicone covering all the screw holes and wire holes... The Amp/Control unit is mounted in the glove compartment and the power wires run through the drain hole at the bottom to the battery. I plan on using the ski for fishing so my next purchase will be a second battery and an Isolator for those day where I'm just hanging out with the engine off.

The sound is crisp and clear and can get pretty loud but if your looking for quality low end, then look somewhere else because these are a lot like a good set of computer speakers but they fit the bill nicely.

Look for "Waterproof Motorcycle Speakers" on Ebay, The seller is "DannyCollection88"

What is your music source...MP3 player?

Welcome to the forum!

Awesome! Ive thought about speakers but didn't think they served a important enough purpose. The sound of a supercharger is enough for me.Mp3 is a boaters best friend u can pound a boat with sterio bumpin and it will never skip.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    If you would mount the speakers in the top side of the footwell, your bass response will be much better. I understand the not wanting to drill holes in the hull, though..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, its uses an MP3 for the audio input and I love the fact that its completely removable because most of the time I don't need it. Only those times when my girlfriend and I go for a cruise down the coast or I take it to the lake to fish.

so the speakers are velcro'd on? what keeps them from falling into the ocean when you hit a wave? im lost...

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    so the speakers are velcro'd on? what keeps them from falling into the ocean when you hit a wave? im lost...
    So far 90% of my riding has been on lakes and the industrial strength velcro holds very well... If the water gets too rough the speakers come off and join the amp in the glove compartment. I only use the speakers while cruising. I've hit some pretty good wakes and haven't had any issues. Haven't taken it out on the ocean yet so that will be the next test... The speakers could always be screwed on if someone was always in rough water.

the ebay auction shows it mounted to the handlebars of a motorcycle. why didnt you just do that?

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    the ebay auction shows it mounted to the handlebars of a motorcycle. why didnt you just do that?
    The Ski doesn't have handlebars like motorcycles. The mounting kit that comes with the speaker utilizes the bolts from either clip-on levers or mirrors

If your interested I can send you some more detailed photos

Thread Information