Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

701 venture, adding F/A's rejet????

i got a 95 wave venture 701.
    i just rebuilt both the carbs, it is running perfect now with stock settings as per the manual on the HS and LS screws.
    if i want to put on F/A's and outerwears
    do i need to adjust the LS or HS screws at all??
    anyone have a similar setup and know some good settings??
    btw i put put on a blockoff and am now runnign premix 50:1
    any help appreciated

+1
    oops sorry if this should be in the old skool section...
    i know a 95 is old skool, but it runs great
    almost 60mph on the speedo, hahahahaha

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    I am doing the same thing on my 760. I have been told to just fatten up the mixture in the high speed jets.
    Posted via Mobile Device

+1
    Hey Alex, long time no speak!! How have you been?

For some reason I remember there being a problem with the 38's with the choke plates removed and FA's... Throw this question up over on the X...

The stock FA on the 701 is a pretty good setup for airflow and I've never heard of anyone picking up any really solid speed going to aftermarket...

On my old Venture I removed one layer of the screens (used 2 instead of 3) and pulled the choke plates and installed a primer. I think I remember I had to go up a half turn on both high and low to get rid of the left turn lean syndrome after those changes...
    But it's been a few years so I'm a little foggy on remembering my adjustments...
    Good Luck Bro'!
    Doug

+1
    we just did the F/A's to clean up the engine compartment, and make tuning the rebuilt carbs easier.
    also when we got rid of the oil inj. the extra tubes to the airbox seemed stupid, so we took the whole thing off.
    my buddy isnt necessarily interested in massive performance improvements, but in good runnign ski , with crisp throttle response
    if he wanted performance we wouldnt be working on a 701
    he got a good deal on it, so its worth keepin running.
    thx for the info

I can't imagine what prob 38's would have with no chokes and F/a's? I run them!! I would just open my highs an 1/8 plus and keep an eye on things for the first tank or so I run them for access to the adjusters more than performance ,, plus they look cool!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I can't imagine what prob 38's would have with no chokes and F/a's? I run them!! I would just open my highs an 1/8 plus and keep an eye on things for the first tank or so I run them for access to the adjusters more than performance ,, plus they look cool!
    I know what your saying...but I remember it being a hot topic of conversation a few years ago for the stand up guys and was the main reason I left the stock FA on... I'm old and it was a long time ago so I don't remember the specifics...

HMMM The only down side for a stand up would be the added risk of water ingestion that I can see?

+1
    http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?...t=choke+remove

Alex, give this a quick read. I was a little fuzzy on my info for the last few posts and did some digging... But I did remember reading a problem with choke plate removal and FA's which stopped me from running FA's...I didn't have enough jet when I did the rebuild on mine a few years ago and I don't remember how I set mine up before it went to it's new home....

Basically, guys were finding that they needed to rejet with just the choke plate removal.. Even more with aftermarket FA's..

Maybe shoot Supertune a pm.

Pulling some old info from my old notebook I think stock jetting is 67.5 on the lows and a staggered 120/130 for the highs front to back..

I'd think you'd want to come up to like a 70low with a dull silver spring and a 125/130 combo?? This is where I think I'd start. Maybe even a 75low if you want to stay with the gold spring.
    Start all the screws at 1-1.25 and tune from there... But take it for what it's worth cause I'm no super guru..

Good Luck Alex!
    Doug

I just tuned a 38 setup and let me tell u 130/ 140 highs and stock lows was just a little to heavy! I had to close the high screws all together! so I will jump back 5 on the highs and see . I don't think the lows or pop off are an issue all the down low stuff and out of the hole was good but I virtually had to close the HS screws to get the best top end ps the only reason I was changing highs was wash looked a little iffy and I was out pretty far on the hs screws I only had the 130 140 combo so I started there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information