Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

951 Porting/race set up spec's for my SXR 951 GP build any good specs out there?

Any of you guys that race have any good porting spec's ? that give a good increase . I am putting together a SXR 951 set up together for GP racing and trying to get 68-70 mph out of this one .

I figured I would ask you Seadoo guys what works with these 951 motor's

This is the 1st Seadoo 951 motor that I have messed with , I know the Kawi stuff real well and build my own cranks and do the porting on my race ski's.

What carbs +reeds do you guys like and size ? + intake set up.

I have a 144 Skat mag pump 16/25 impeller that will be moved back 2 inches in the hull .

Also I have the MSD pro digital ignition for it .

I have the complete motor about done with hot rod crank and wiseco pistons cylinder is bored and clearanced ,

I have the ADA head for it and a Rossier pipe and exhaust manifold so far for pipe { still looking for a coffman } .

I have the factory carbs so far , but more than likely will switch to novi if you guys have ran novi carbs what size did you like the best .

Renaldi reeds is what Iam leaning toward buying but I run v-force in the Kawi set up's, does anyone know what performance differences are between Renaldi vs V-force reeds ?

good luck buddy
    the 951 Rotax is still a secret black art, that few are willing to share
    the forum search function doesn't work for me on this mota
    so thes GP class is full open class internal mods, porting Race fuel etc etc yes.....is that your starting point....fully blown??

go the Rinaldis
    Novi 48's
    exhaust port durations important...raise-em
    flange faces...machine-em
    case porting..do-it
    transfer ports yes
    inlet manifold secrets
    calc'd comp ratio's ?
    MSD curve may limit potential
    YMT?
    get a crank case cooler
    lighten flywheel
    you won't get no specs on this stuff...there would be a riot

Dam try to scare people !

You guys can pm me also if you don't want to share some things with every-one .

+1
    Dan,

48 Novi "F" booster carbs (160L/140H 2.3N&S 95g Spring 17 p.o.was the XPL setup)

Rinaldi's ALL day long with a deans team intake ( I also heard the Ski-doo MXZ reeds were the bomb too)

Case cooler is nice, IF you can find the miller setup.

I would go with an Advent T3 on that ski, the MSD's are not too nice on SD's.

I would suggest dual cooling and reverse cool the pipe.. They like that.

What size domes, and what bore are you running at?

Quote Originally Posted by dsolie View Post
    Dan,

48 Novi "F" booster carbs (160L/140H 2.3N&S 95g Spring 17 p.o.was the XPL setup)

Rinaldi's ALL day long with a deans team intake ( I also heard the Ski-doo MXZ reeds were the bomb too)

Case cooler is nice, IF you can find the miller setup.

I would go with an Advent T3 on that ski, the MSD's are not too nice on SD's.

I would suggest dual cooling and reverse cool the pipe.. They like that.

What size domes, and what bore are you running at?
    Whats up " D " thanks for the specs !,

My bore size is 88.5 wiseco running 7 clearance ,I have 50 cc domes but was thinking of running 47-46 cc .

The MSD programmable I have was set up by tweeker , so I think it should be ok Paul his buddy had it in and sxr and it's all mounted and set up on and aluminum plate to go right in the sxr just like Macc's ,

I stopped by the skidoo shop the mxz 800 2008 ski doo reeds I think is what I need what type of skidoo reeds have you heard that cross over ?

Have you tried v-force I have heard more bottom end with those but I don't think they last as long .

As far as reverse cooling the pipe are talking about running the cold pump water into the end of the expansion chamber and then through the exhaust manifold ?

Team deans manifold do you know someone that has one ? are those thinner shorter than stock ? I am still looking for novi carbs ,

I have a stock set tweeker claims 100 low jets 155 high jets 2.3 N/S and they seem to run real well with Rinadi's , I am thinking of making a shorter intake for them how close do you think you can go ?

i've got the Novi Maxflow "Deans Team" twin series inlet manifold for my latest build
    it's ridiculously thin.......10mm
    so go close

I'm going to be removing and selling a Miller intake w/ boost bottle in the near future. Email me if interested. [email protected]

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=MVC-001F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by XPSteve View Post
    I'm going to be removing and selling a Miller intake w/ boost bottle in the near future. Email me if interested. [email protected]

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=MVC-001F.jpg
    cool make me a deal on it ! looking for coffman pipe also .

+1
    Dan,

The newer (08 is fne) skidoo MXZ reeds/cags are all you need + the spacers. They are actually made by Rinaldi, but are a much more durable reed/cage setup then the ones for the seadoo platform. You can buy the reeds from Ronnies.com too, might be cheaper than the dealer.

MXZ reeds with spacers + steves miller boost intake will give you a wicked combo.

I have tried all the reeds (except MXZ), and I prefer the rinaldi's over all of them. Having rinaldi's that don't chip after 10-20 hours though and will last for years is like a dream come true = MXZ reeds.

Send me an email and I can email you the setup I created for the Twin pipes..Same principal, just forget one of the pipes. [email protected]

As far as the cooling goes.. In through the exp chamber and out of the head pipe to a pisser. The second cooling will go into the motor (pick your fitting) and out through the head, drain, or tap the manifold.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    So what speeds are you guys getting with all these mods?

Man with less $$$ wants to know...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information