+1

DJSA Bonus Points Nov 1st

Who wants 25 extra bonus points? A Halloween Costume will get you the points. There will be a extra 3 lap race, green, white, checker. For both Standups and Sitdown only for those who wear a costume.
    The WINNER of each will receive a weekend of camping at Salt Springs for the 2009 season, plus your 25 points.
    Let show our Six Flags fans how much fun DJSA has. Sign up for the Costume race at registration.
    2008 World Finals 2nd Jr. Ski Lites
    2008 World Finals 8th Jr Ski Stock
    Region 1 Jr 13-15 Ski Stock Champion

2007 DJSA Rookie of the Year
    2008 Sponsors
    S & F Racing***Silva Motor Sports
    Oakdale T-Shirt Factory*All Marine
    Sacto Moto Tech**Sixsixone**
    Pig Dog Racing**TBM Racing
    Team Salt Springs/Yeah Baby Racing
    [email protected]
    www.caltel.com/~saltsprings
    www.diablojsa.com

+1
    Lil D.... I'm just wondering why your post reads you ALMOST made 100 bucks.... who (or should I say what) did you get beat out by??? Was Phil at that race?

Wow, I go to work for 10 hours and look at all this interest in Phil's Manties and Mav's purses!!! This might end up being WILD and should definately make for some awesome TRACI COTTLE photos - but yes... safety is the name of the game...

No it's not safe to race with a mask, and no it's not safe to race with a loose fitting costume - but it is safe to race "slow" and strut your stuff to the crowd and judging panel - for FUN and ENTERTAINMENT...

After the first round of heats, and just before the SKI CLINIC takes the stage, all Standups interested in "dressing up for the fright fest occasion" will run a 2 1/2 lap green/white/checker heat in costume "ON THEIR KNEES"... anyone who gets on their feet will politely be "excused" from the course. Depending on interest, we'll stagger start the 650's from the 800 and FAST guys, but ALL regular racing rules will still be in effect.

* Everyone who enters gets 25 bonus series points.
    * Winner gets an additional 25 bonus series points.
    * Panel and Crowd favorite (bareing) or bearing the best costume gets another 20 bonus series points and a free weekend of camping at SSVR (but please be "tactful" for all the kids and familes on hand!!!)

After the second round of heats, and just before the SKI CLINIC takes the stage, all Sitdowns interested in "dressing up for the fright fest occasion" will run a 2 1/2 lap green/white/checker heat in costume - on a modified shortened course - IN REVERSE. Hey, don't hate the player - hate the game.... this was rider suggested! We were going to do this at JET EFFECT this season but we never got the chance - so here it comes for FRIGHT FEST!

Starting in reverse, you'll get the green, maneuver around a turn buoy, and get the white at the start line. Do it one more time without falling off your ride from laughing at your partners and you'll get the checkered!

If you're on a ski with no reverse, don't dispair... you can run in the "idle/no wake race". Race your heart out (at idle speed) but make sure you aren't making a wake... If Batman is making white water, Batman is getting the black flag hook!

* Everyone who enters gets 25 bonus series points.
    * Winner gets an additional 25 bonus series points.
    * Panel and Crowd favorite (bareing) or bearing the best costume gets another 20 bonus series points and a free weekend of camping at SSVR (but please be "tactful" for all the kids and familes on hand!!!)

While "fun racing" if you can think of a way of doing it, you can affix your mask (if you have one) to the outside of your helmet, otherwise, have your crew hang onto it until you return to the start beach for judging by the panel and the crowd. The only thing respectfully requested and allowed under your helmet - even while playing - is yo head!!! but I gotta say this -

Carlos Thomas - that is the sickest Freddie Kruger costume I have ever seen!!! (If you fall, I want to see Phil do a "pickup" grabbing onto those....uh....what do they call those things anyway?)

Hey guys - this is for fun and entertainment only - but the one thing I'll ask is that we all maintain the professionalism you've displayed all season. When you race for real, you race hard but safe, but even if we're "play racin" I ask that each of us, racers and staff alike, never forget about the safety part...

There's talk about some rain, but Chris at 6 Flags says unless there is lightening or thunder storms, the park is unaffected by rain, and all rides stay open (even the go karty track!) Watch out for Matt Saale....
    "If he ain't cheatin - he ain't winnin!"

The "Hearse and Harley" Zombie parade through the park begins at 5pm.
    From what I've heard, its a very cool sight not to be missed. Also from what I've heard, the two elaborate haunted houses are way to real for ones own good, but I'll chance it if you guys do!

The Park is open until 9pm.
    For all those times we get too busy to spend time together as a group, I hope many of you decide to stick around for awhile and do something we never get to do off the race course.... spend some fun time together as a group.
    FRIGHT FEST is one of Six Flags's funnest and unique times of the year at the park. I hope you all join me in having some extra curricular DJSA fun!!!

Soon as the park closes at 9, we'll all "busta move on" and get everyone's skis trailered up for the ride home. Happy Halloween guys and girls...
    See you saturday.

jim
    (I might even dress up myself even though it will hurt...)
    Attached Thumbnails

Thread Information