Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has lost keys.

Has lost keys.

Hello!
    I have lost FPO and SLO keys.
    In service manual I have read through, that for registration of new keys, it is necessary for me to replace ECU
    I have a question, for registration of new keys are necessary: new ECU (21175-373, new FPO keys (27008-3767) and Key Registration unit (57001-1582) or still any spare parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Hello!
    I have lost FPO and SLO keys.
    In service manual I have read through, that for registration of new keys, it is necessary for me to replace ECU
    I have a question, for registration of new keys are necessary: new ECU (21175-373, new FPO keys (27008-3767) and Key Registration unit (57001-1582) or still any spare parts?
    Hey MAXIM, unfortunately you will need a new ECU and keys to bring it back to life. I just did an Ultra LX this morning that keys were lost in a house fire. Kawasaki will want the HULL ID# to get you a new ECU. Programming can be done without KDS on "first time programming" of two keys on a new ECU. Or if you find a used ECU with original keys you can bring it back that way. I'll about bet someone here has one and at least one key with it. If at least one key is present, up to six more can be programmed to the ECU. MSRP on ECU is 524.74 and key is 45.20 each.

Hey Bama

Good information. My Kawi tech here put my codes for both keys into his computer. So, if this happens to me, I can program two keys with his comp. I did this of my own volition and feel better that I did. Now, I think people should find a Kawi tech with they trust, (like Bama) and store codes just in case.

+1

Hey Bamatech

Hilo Mike has a great idea!

Maybe we could send you our SLO key and you keep the data on
    your computer. If we ever have this problem just call you up and
    you could ship a replacement??

I'd do it and send you $$ too! Kind of like offsite data backup.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    Hilo Mike has a great idea!

Maybe we could send you our SLO key and you keep the data on
    your computer. If we ever have this problem just call you up and
    you could ship a replacement??

I'd do it and send you $$ too! Kind of like offsite data backup.......
    Yes, a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by drtbk4ever View Post
    Yes, a very good idea.
    I'll do a little research and maybe we can beat the devil at his own game. It would be great to have a better way than an "out of pocket" expense of 600.00 for lost keys beyond {a house fire} or within {just forgot where I put them} someone's control. I think eventually Kawi will come around and correct this SNAFU, but until they do a database would be the shiz...

snapper455
    kawasaki last year told all dealers to order a key and program it to all boats sold at the dealership. we did that and it has made a few real happy customers that lost there keys. plus when the come in for service and they were bought at your store, you can still work on them if no key is present

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

funny..

that's exactly what I was planning to do since I recently was blessed with a ultra key programmer dongle. Since were 300 miles round trip to the nearest kaw dealer here, I'll be offering that service for free to any customer that signs off on myprogramming my "master" key to thier ultra. I'm sure some will be shocked to learn the nature of the ecu on that particular ski when it comes to ignition key management.

It's better then the punch in the mouth sead00 gives you if you want to add an extra key for your forgetful brother in law. I like the system actually since getting a key duplicator didn't cost me $5000.

Most seadoo owners around here that keep skis at the marina lock them with a cable anyway since dess only keeps joyriders away.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    kawasaki last year told all dealers to order a key and program it to all boats sold at the dealership. we did that and it has made a few real happy customers that lost there keys. plus when the come in for service and they were bought at your store, you can still work on them if no key is present
    Great idea but confines you to dealer. You gotta buy the replacement key anyway, but an additional 50.00 to 100.00 labor to program it. {unless you got a buddy with a KDS that will 'hook you up'}. Thanks, snapper, for an alternate way of being able to save the customer from having to buy an ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    that's exactly what I was planning to do since I recently was blessed with a ultra key programmer dongle. Since were 300 miles round trip to the nearest kaw dealer here, I'll be offering that service for free to any customer that signs off on myprogramming my "master" key to thier ultra. I'm sure some will be shocked to learn the nature of the ecu on that particular ski when it comes to ignition key management.

It's better then the punch in the mouth sead00 gives you if you want to add an extra key for your forgetful brother in law. I like the system actually since getting a key duplicator didn't cost me $5000.

Most seadoo owners around here that keep skis at the marina lock them with a cable anyway since dess only keeps joyriders away.
    So thats where my programmer dongle went... JUST KIDDING!...the word "blessed" made me wanna pick at ya...LOL
    At first of the season we were burgularized and KDS, all attachments, and laptop were a few of the items we lost. We know who did it, just gotta catch them using it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information