Need high quality replacment oil injection lines for ultra 150

Winter Preventive maintenance so I want to replace the oil injection lines and the cheap spring clamps. Any Vendors you can suggest? Ron

Quote Originally Posted by hayabusarider View Post
    Winter Preventive maintenance so I want to replace the oil injection lines and the cheap spring clamps. Any Vendors you can suggest? Ron
    Not to sound smart as$%# but you oughta mix it just to be safe, plus you eliminate weight of oil tank full of oil and the weight of the worry of pump, line, or clamp failure.

Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    Not to sound smart as$%# but you oughta mix it just to be safe, plus you eliminate weight of oil tank full of oil and the weight of the worry of pump, line, or clamp failure.
    I am mixing and so far pleased with the added security and performance.I pulled the carbs to remove the oil lines. I found a small leak at the base of #2's carb. replaced the gaskets and torqued the carbs down. I just got back from the lake and the Ultra ran indicated 71-72 MPH. Seems to pull harder off the line. Plugs have a small amount of oil compared OEM oil injection. I was looking to replace the lines as a Plan "B" if the Ultra did not run well. Oh, I still run oil to the balancers, carb oil lines return to oil tank. Ron

Thats right, you still got other component that requires that system is operational. My bad. Check a reputable 2 cycle/small motor shop, preferably someone you know. They should be able to sell you a roll of hose {GATES is excellent} and should have an assortment of clamps that will STAY once crimped on. Tie wraps aren't dependable, so crimp type is best for that application IMO.

so are you pre-mixing on top of the oil injection? Why?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson7454 View Post
    so are you pre-mixing on top of the oil injection? Why?
    He's got an Ultra 150, which has a balance shaft that requires lubrication which is not provided by the fuel/air mixture. The oil pump on that engine has 5 outlets.

I'd recommend using stainless steel safety wire to secure the hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    He's got an Ultra 150, which has a balance shaft that requires lubrication which is not provided by the fuel/air mixture. The oil pump on that engine has 5 outlets.

I'd recommend using stainless steel safety wire to secure the hoses.
    If you go premix you still have to account for the oil going to the front and rear balancers. 1.33 ml in 2 minutes at 3000 rpm. There is a site glass on the oil pump side of the motor lower right corner if you want to see the level. This is why there are 5 outputs on the pump. 3 for the carbs and 2 for the balancers. Somthing else I found while removing the oil lines to the carbs. 2 of the 3 fittings where the oil lines hook up to the carbs were loose enough to fall out while removing the lines, there is a check ball and a spring behind it. Bottom line make sure there tight as well.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

check ball and spring?

do tell me some more while I try tp find where I saved that ultra 150 manual pdf. I have an ultra 150 in the shop now that has a mail oiling problem ( like lots leaks into the engine when it's not running and then smokes out the shop after I manage to get it started)

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    do tell me some more while I try tp find where I saved that ultra 150 manual pdf. I have an ultra 150 in the shop now that has a mail oiling problem ( like lots leaks into the engine when it's not running and then smokes out the shop after I manage to get it started)
    The check ball and springs I am talking about are on the carbs ( regulator side) My guess is they stop gas in the regulator body from getting into oilinjection lines on the carbs. Sounds to me JUST a WILD A$$ guess mind you,The balancer check valves could be stuck open on the ultra your working on.

Thread Information