Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

SC noise on larger SCs?

I am curious about the different SCs and how loud they are ... is it just that as boost goes up, the whine/whistle goes up, or do some SCs sound way different than others? Some noise is fun, but if some are really loud, some passengers like my g/f might not like it quite so much ... she loves how the ski sounds with the GH box, stock X charger and rear air, but what I am trying to get a feel for is how much louder the larger SCs are, and if some are almost obnoxiously loud, or uncomfortably high pitched, or ...

+1
    Well, I am running about the loudest one of the bunch and I think it sounds great. I would not say it is obnoxious on the ski but some people who ride with me say that every now and then they think there ski is beeping at them when actualy it is my charger. Go for it. It wont bother your GF.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    My G/F likes it when I foul a plug!

Banned User
    +1
    Most of the noise you are hearing is due to the hard plastic of the rear air reflecting the noise...When I ran my new manifold I had to make my own rear air, which I used a scrap chunk of Kanaflex for, and the noise was reduced to a slight muffled roar...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I am curious about the different SCs and how loud they are ... is it just that as boost goes up, the whine/whistle goes up, or do some SCs sound way different than others? Some noise is fun, but if some are really loud, some passengers like my g/f might not like it quite so much ... she loves how the ski sounds with the GH box, stock X charger and rear air, but what I am trying to get a feel for is how much louder the larger SCs are, and if some are almost obnoxiously loud, or uncomfortably high pitched, or ...
    I don't think my ET137 is obnoxiously loud, but it definitely gives off a higher pitched whistle than the C5, stock X or RR high boost I have run previously.
    My wife likes things quiet and she had no complaints with the current setup, whereas on my 2 strokes in the past the sound always "gave her a headache"
    maybe the new rude and Et140s are louder

+1
    My 2 rude charger is pretty loud. You can hear it just as much as my exhaust setup. Definitely whines more then the rude1.
    By the way my exhaust is very loud right now.

the 2 times I have been out I have gotten several remarks asking if i am running some kind of turbo or something, becuase of the whine.

I run on a big lake and have been told you can hear the superchager Way on arround a bend whinning.

I noticed that you can actually make it whine alot even at low boost. Under 6,000 rpm.
    Kinda like how you can make the exhaust hit a good note at ay 6,500 rpm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Theres no such thing as an obnoxiously loud s/c whine!!!! the louder the better

+1
    By the way my exhaust is very loud right now.
    Which waterbox are you running on the RXP Skoep?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Theres no such thing as an obnoxiously loud s/c whine!!!! the louder the better
    +1

My old-school RUDE with the open rear air intake is loud enough that one of the Texas Boys riding next to me was worried my alarm was going off at MUDBUG...
    I love the S/C whine...

JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information