Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help needed badly!

Just got done installing my Riva stage 2 kit on Monday and have had a serious drop in rpms and top speed. Also have noticed quite a bit of water in the haul. Before I had the stage 1 kit and Vortech impeller and was seeing 8100 rpms and 71 mph on gps. Now im only getting 7300 rpms and like 65 mph I have gone back and checked over everything and it all looks like its hooked up correctly. Anyone had any problems or any suggestions?

+1
    Is the supercharger impeller rubbing on the housing? Pull the tube off the supercharger outlet and look for gray dust. If there is dust present your impeller may be rubbing.

Check to make sure all your water lines are snug and not leaking at the intercooler.

Man it sounds like everyone is having issues with their stage 2 kit installation!

I will check the SC impeller, but up until monday I had no problems with it and its been on for almost 2 months now. Now that I think about it, it could be a loose hose, because the water looks like it is sprayed in the haul and not like its leaking in. Too bad I wont be able to do it until next week, would have liked to been able to take it on vacation with me.

+1
    When you installed the kit it was running fine and then performance degraded, or performance was degraded from the minute you installed the kit?

It was right off of jump street that the performance was lesser with the stage 2 kit.

+1
    My bet is something is astray with the installation of the sc impeller

I had pretty much ruled that out because like i said ive had the SC impeller in for almost 2 months and have had no problems out of it. But as soon as I finished with the intercooler and exhaust on monday and put it in the water, thats when the performance was down hill.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Compwhiz82
    Man it sounds like everyone is having issues with their stage 2 kit installation!
    Thats the risk we take doing a self install with a limited amount of time, my problem is a simple fix but I just dont have the spare time during the week. No biggie though, I am sure it will be straightened out this weekend

Oh im sure we will get it figured out, my buddy does all my work and he builds custom performace engines for speed boats. It just takes time and when your out of town you just dont have the time. LOL And Im pretty sure its just something small and stupid that we overlooked and will be fixed in no time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information