Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just got my X and rode for the first time ...

yesterday! I went up to DSolie's place and had a blast. Let them ride the X first... since they have rxp's and really know how to handle these things. They freakin tear it up. Anyways...

Aside from the X, and even the rxps they had up there, being flat out insane for speed and torque they are a blast to ride.

I'm only going to do a couple things and leave it for a while.

I have one question, the rest I've found out just doing some reading. Probably could get this answer too, but I've been reading all day on a variety of topics and my eyes are starting to hurt!!

With the air intake, is there a reason to NOT go with the rear setup aside from water intrusion? I don't ride in the surf at all, but don't stay dry either. Any other pluses or minuses to either front or rear?

Only other mod under the seat will be a thru hull free flow exhuast and prop or re-pitch of OEM prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    yesterday! I went up to DSolie's place and had a blast. Let them ride the X first... since they have rxp's and really know how to handle these things. They freakin tear it up. Anyways...

Aside from the X, and even the rxps they had up there, being flat out insane for speed and torque they are a blast to ride.

I'm only going to do a couple things and leave it for a while.

I have one question, the rest I've found out just doing some reading. Probably could get this answer too, but I've been reading all day on a variety of topics and my eyes are starting to hurt!!

With the air intake, is there a reason to NOT go with the rear setup aside from water intrusion? I don't ride in the surf at all, but don't stay dry either. Any other pluses or minuses to either front or rear?

Only other mod under the seat will be a thru hull free flow exhuast and prop or re-pitch of OEM prop.
    From my understanding, the only reason to not have the rear air is to protect from water intrusion... If u ride on calm water you should be fine. The rear air setup provides the most overall power gain.

+1
    Wish I would have known, I would have joined you guys. Not too many people on here live in my backyard. Did you go out on Black Lake?

Yep.... Black lake. You guys got it good up there! We were talking about maybe one more time this year, they might go out more, but for me it's a 2 hour drive. I sucked rocks so I gotta fix that prop. Might be too late for me this year.

the rear air is good, but i really like my kanaflex stainless steel air filter up front! cheaper too! I have to admit i was a little skeptical at first, because it looks like home depot drainage line, but it i smooth on the inside...

Yes, after more reading I will most likely go the kanaflex route as well.

How do these simple intake and exhaust mods effect the factory warranty?

+1
    How do these simple intake and exhaust mods effect the factory warranty?
    That really depends on your dealer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Wish I would have known, I would have joined you guys. Not too many people on here live in my backyard. Did you go out on Black Lake?
    Ya know? I totally forgot to call you too! We went out on Wed afternoon. We are going out all the time on Black Lake..

I got an RXP a month ago, and we are modding one for a customer now (hehe, beats the "X")..

Quote Originally Posted by dsolie View Post
    Ya know? I totally forgot to call you too! We went out on Wed afternoon. We are going out all the time on Black Lake..

I got an RXP a month ago, and we are modding one for a customer now (hehe, beats the "X")..
    Yes...yes it does, after it catches up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Yes...yes it does, after it catches up

Yhea, but that didn't take very long now did it LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information