Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198

    Plugging the X charger hole

    A mikuni main jet plugs in pretty snug. If I press it in there you think I can get away with it or will have a chance of blowing out. A 150 jet would let some oil in & not flood the IC.


  2. #2
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    A mikuni main jet plugs in pretty snug. If I press it in there you think I can get away with it or will have a chance of blowing out. A 150 jet would let some oil in & not flood the IC.

    Depending on what you want out of your X boat......A little bit of oil is not a bad thing.....I get just a small film in the intercooler.....Other than that I would want the oil to lubricate my supercharger well based on the RPMS that the impeller spins at.....

    JAWZ I believe has done some work on this and could give you more feedback....I beleive he just closed the opening a little to restrict oil flow but not stop it....But like I said I know he has messed with it....Just dont really know exactly what he has done across the board....

  3. #3
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    The #150 would let more oil in than the 07 & older SC's of course but not as much as the opening on the 08's. The jet will press in solid but I wanna make sure there's no back pressuer to force it out into the motor.

    I ran an X charger for a few hrs last month & I did have a LOT of oil in the IC. It was actually puddled up in my hump coupler at the SC outlet.

  4. #4
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    The #150 would let more oil in than the 07 & older SC's of course but not as much as the opening on the 08's. The jet will press in solid but I wanna make sure there's no back pressuer to force it out into the motor.

    I ran an X charger for a few hrs last month & I did have a LOT of oil in the IC. It was actually puddled up in my hump coupler at the SC outlet.
    Yup it sucks. I just went ahead and plugged this new one. 6 hours on the charger and not a drop in the tubes or IC.

  5. #5
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    BTW, straight from the box I got slip @ 110inlbs

    Hmm, a cut down primer jet would do even better since it made to be pressed in.

  6. #6
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    BTW, straight from the box I got slip @ 110inlbs

    Hmm, a cut down primer jet would do even better since it made to be pressed in.
    OU, I am keeping an eye on "the fix" as well. I am looking to upgrade soon, and will need to know the fix before I get it hooked up.

  7. #7
    GUITARMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lake Dunlap, Texas
    Posts
    182
    Jim
    Hey bro, talk to Brendon(BDNJ). He knows the whole skinny on this. Call me and I'll give you his number or PM him..........Bob

  8. #8
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by GUITARMAN View Post
    Jim
    Hey bro, talk to Brendon(BDNJ). He knows the whole skinny on this. Call me and I'll give you his number or PM him..........Bob

  9. #9
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Can't we all know the skinny?

  10. #10
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Jim Just use a jet. My boat has a 125 hours on it with no dang hole. A 150 would give just a bit of oil.

    .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do I plug the oil holes on the bottom of the OE air box?
    By JMZ400 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 11:47 PM
  2. Covering the gauges on 96xp or plugging the gauge holes?
    By caliburst in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
  3. *THE* Official Rideplate Holes Thread to solve all others
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
  4. Gas Valve's plugging the hole
    By OsideBill in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
  5. Filling the ride plates holes
    By somefun in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •