Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 150 questions

The Mrs. rides a 2003 ultra 130. She likes the hull but decided she wants more power. I tried to get her into a 4-tec but she wants to stick with her kawi. We are considering a 2005 ultra 150.

Ive always been a seadoo owner.. we bought this 130 mainly because she liked it. Although weve owned it since new and never fixed a single thing. Its got 60 or so hours on it now. So ive been very pleased with it.

Heres my question:

I dont know much about Kawasaki performance mods. I know that the ultra 150 is a pretty quick ski although ive never rode one. My question is- what are the common mods you guys do to pick up some extra power or more MPH? I think shell be happy to break 70mph. All it may take is a prop. I really dont know- thats why im asking.
    I apologize for the newbie question

You really wanna see her grin, find her a STX-15F. The new ultra 150 is much heavier and is a slug compared to 01 ultra. Its more for comfort and cruising instead of speed.

isnt that stx a 3 seater?

what kind of resale does the 130 have? its an 03 with 60hrs on it. weve never fixed a single thing. its exceptionally clean. someone was saying its not a popular ski...
    I dont know much about it..

LoL bam I think you are getting you skis confused. The ultra 150 is going to be the same ride as you 130 with much better acceleration and top end. Stock it should be 64 - 65 a level 1 from skiworx would probably get you close to 70 depending on how you have the hull set up. You can look over my mods thread and get some ideas of what you can do to it.

LOL digger I was about to tear ya a new one, but damned if I'm not, I am confusing myself I was "thinking" U130 but was talking about ULX. Talking out my ass 'cause my mouth knew better. There is big difference between '03 U150 and '08 ULX with weight, width, length, fuel weight/capacity. But thread post didn't ask that, so I was wrong.

+1
    Hey twelves... get your lady to ride a 15f, then get her on a 150... See how she likes it... I rode a friends 150 before i bought my 15f... yeah its a 3 seater but the over all feeling for me ... I really like howthe 15 felt and handled. My usual wekend of ridding is anywhere from 250 to 330 miles on some pretty rough water at times.. depends on if the wind is kicking up or not. In my opinion( yeah we all have them some don't smell like a bed of roses)the 250 its not nearly as playful, doing figure 8's and whipping it around isn't as easy as it is on the 15f. Well thats my 2 cents lol .. good luck and play nice

this is specifically what she wants. she does not like three-seaters. It doesnt really matter to me. its her money and her choice. Im just wondering what to do to make it break 70. I tried to talk her into an rxp but this is what she wants.
    she loves the hull of the 130 just that shes bored with it and wants more power.

im wondering what I can get for the 130.. i dont see ANY for sale.. The dealer offered us 4200 in trade in this past summer.. but thats a fantasy number now. let me know what you guys think.

tell me more about the stage one above- is it bolt ons? prop, etc?
    lmk.
    Honestly, Id like to learn more about the ski but Kawis just havent been my thing over the years. I havent really paid much attention to them. Even her 130.. I never really got into the ski. We kept it stock, never repaired anyting.. I never had a reason to look into it further. I only want to research it now because she wants more speed.

The level 1 is heads, solas prop, stinger mod and the cv carb mod. You have to send the stinger pump and carbs to steve. If you get one that is needing a top end then the 1.5 is a good choice. Then there is also fp tripples, they would put you over 70 no problem. Here is a link to the kits.

http://www.skiworx.com/ultra150.html

thanks for the info. I dont want to change the head or jet the carbs so it looks like bolt ons wont give us much. thats too bad. its still a step up from what she has now.

no one addressed my question. I never see 130s for sale.. are they rare? unpopular? what can I expect to get for ours in the spring? its got about 50hrs. never had any type of repair. Had only a very minor once that was easily fixed... the hull is extremely clean.

lmk what you think

I dont see them for sale very often. I have seen a few go across ebay. I would think you should be able to get 4k anyway since its low hours and clean. Might want to look it up on nada. I think the production #s were probably low. Most buyers went for the higer hp on the 150.

Doing mods on the 150 is actually really easy. Before you go and do a prop just get the one you have moded. The stock one does a very good job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information