Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Head Porting (JERRY)

I'm having both my head milled 30thou and ported. I'm going to run my stock IC and stick with mt stock ECU. Will I have to run the bigger Injectors and piggy back fuel controler. I also going to run stock cam as the RR cam adds only to the top end. I'm looking for just good bottom mid power. Milling head 30 will add some top any way becouse you are retarding the cam timing some. Also some good bottom with the higher compression.

+1
    I'd ask this question to Mark Underwood if i were you.

I personally see no benefit whatsoever in running the stock IC with a ported head. It's junk! To get the full benefit from a ported head you will need the ECU and external intercooler. Just my opinion though.

+1
    Tube, I don't mean to be critical, I'm just learning. But why would you want to to the cam and head porting if you aren't increasing the fuel and air flow to the cylinders? My very basic understanding is that the cam and porting work makes for a better intake stroke, combustion (power stroke) and exhaust stroke and a resulting increase in power. With a stock ECU, you aren't getting the necessary amount of fuel in there. Again, I may be wrong, but I'm trying to learn 4 stroke tech 101.

Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Tube, I don't mean to be critical, I'm just learning. But why would you want to to the cam and head porting if you aren't increasing the fuel and air flow to the cylinders? My very basic understanding is that the cam and porting work makes for a better intake stroke, combustion (power stroke) and exhaust stroke and a resulting increase in power. With a stock ECU, you aren't getting the necessary amount of fuel in there. Again, I may be wrong, but I'm trying to learn 4 stroke tech 101.
    hey franko, just an observation/question. Do you have any idea(or anyone for that matter) or any details about the supposed 4 fuel curves for the stock ECU? I saw a riva blip saying the stock ECU has 4 different fuel curves which compensate adequately for what their mods do anyways.

Well I want to try the stock ECU first. RIVA has proven that the stock ECU can feed more fuel than some would have you believe. I did talk to Mark today I need to order a few things from him. I will be adding the IC after I ride them for awile with the stock IC. NOTE I'm not going to put the RR cam in. It is only good for top end. I want bad ass bottom mid.

Quote Originally Posted by theantiRXP
    hey franko, just an observation/question. Do you have any idea(or anyone for that matter) or any details about the supposed 4 fuel curves for the stock ECU? I saw a riva blip saying the stock ECU has 4 different fuel curves which compensate adequately for what their mods do anyways.
    Ya what he sed

+1
    It should be interesting to see if you see an improvment. Once you add the external intercooler its going to knock your socks off!

I talked to mark today. I'm only going to mill both heads for now. will send to mark for portting this whinter. For now I'm going with RR cam chain sprocket, cam chain ten, and oil jet. I all ready have the Vortech Imppler, Riva cold air Intake, Riva Intake grate, prop re-pitched by IMPROS. Engines are now apart getting all new bearings, rings, etc.

+1
    Hmmm, I thought I responded to this post. In any event, I know nothing about the 4 fuel curves in the stock ECU. But you have to take into account where the information comes from. Of course Riva is going to say the stock ECU provides enough fuel because they do not (yet) have any method of increasing fuel flow. On the flip side, those who sell the racing ECU are going to say it vastly increases fuel flow because they have ECU's to sell. But I do know that Jerry lost mph when he switched from the racing ECU to the stock ECU.

My post was not meant as a criticism of what Tube Master is doing. I thought I made it abundantly clear that I am trying to learn the ins and outs of this ski. I apologize if it came off like I was being critical.

Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Hmmm, I thought I responded to this post. In any event, I know nothing about the 4 fuel curves in the stock ECU. But you have to take into account where the information comes from. Of course Riva is going to say the stock ECU provides enough fuel because they do not (yet) have any method of increasing fuel flow. On the flip side, those who sell the racing ECU are going to say it vastly increases fuel flow because they have ECU's to sell. But I do know that Jerry lost mph when he switched from the racing ECU to the stock ECU.

My post was not meant as a criticism of what Tube Master is doing. I thought I made it abundantly clear that I am trying to learn the ins and outs of this ski. I apologize if it came off like I was being critical.
    sorry, I was just wondering too. Wasn't trying to be critical of your question at all. My apologies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information