+1

Exclamation Jetting for fall weather???

Dumb question adjust highs out with colder weather and water??
    Went out last weekend and throttle response was great thru range. However I noticed RPM's dropping a hair at WOT...

+1
    The Rad gets better with the colder weather so yes open em up a bit on the highs. Keep your eye on the tach

+1
    Thanks Oside
    Just wanted to make sure..Should get some more speed best time to ride down here..

I knew mine was set a little rich....but i went out when it was much cooler and the rpms went from 7190 after running for a while in warm air to 7300 after runing a while in the cool......shes a little fat
    Greg

+1
    Im always watching the RAD,each time before i ride.Its very important.If your ski just say is tuned in the heat with low fuel,then you go out on a very cool day with a full tank,you will be on the lean side.Weather plays a big roll on a 2 stroke.Your tach is your best friend.I run my ski's rich all the time.I dont squeeze the fuel on them to get that extra .5 mph,not worth it in my book.Be safe.

BTW,a full tank of fuel DOES take more power to push,meaning it also requires a little more fuel,the motor has more of a load on it.I tune on 3/4-full tank,and according to the RAD that day,this way ill have plenty of fuel when its on the buzzer.

+1
    Thanks waterwoody,
    I am still only getting about 7140 RPM, I should be getting more. hhhhmmmm....To lean maybe..Still cold water riding yesterday was awesome felt like ski was going to rip my arms off....Water temp about 74, air temp 75-76 but a little to choppy to get a very accurate RPM reading. 4-6 in chop, how much could that throw off my RPM reading's with my cheap pet tach?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Thanks waterwoody,
    I am still only getting about 7140 RPM, I should be getting more. hhhhmmmm....To lean maybe..Still cold water riding yesterday was awesome felt like ski was going to rip my arms off....Water temp about 74, air temp 75-76 but a little to choppy to get a very accurate RPM reading. 4-6 in chop, how much could that throw off my RPM reading's with my cheap pet tach?
    Cheap Pet tach? Those are good tachs.....Always turn the highs UP to start with,watch your tach,then come back down in small increments.When my rpm's peak,i always richen them up 1/4 turn from that peak rpm setting.I tune my highs with 3/4 to a full tank.

+1

Thumbs up RPM's

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Cheap Pet tach? Those are good tachs.....Always turn the highs UP to start with,watch your tach,then come back down in small increments.When my rpm's peak,i always richen them up 1/4 turn from that peak rpm setting.I tune my highs with 3/4 to a full tank.
    Thanks Waterwoody

Thread Information