Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triple pisser mod.

I think I would like to do this mod to my Ultra. Can someone post a few pictures of the mod? Is Skiworx the only way to go? Looks pretty easy if you don't mind drilling holes in your Ultra hull.

+1
    There are various ways to do this. I think most people would recommend installing straight fittings on the cylinder heads, but a couple of words of caution: the threads are oddball, and there is a restriction in (I believe) the front cylinder fitting.

I used the factory elbow fittings and just routed the hoses up front. I bought two extra factory outlet fittings and drilled holes in the hull for them. I wish I had moved all the discharge fittings farther back so they don't spray on me when I turn left.

Some people worry about the original angled head fittings trapping debris. I installed a strainer, so I don't worry about it.

Don't forget to block off the two outlets in the back of the 'Ski. The easiest thing to do is cut one of the original hoses and place it across both outlets.

Hey Steve,

Could you post a pic? I'll also be installing this mod in the coming months

The head fittings are strait but are restricted, dont know exactly what size. The price of the kit from skiworx isnt bad when you look at what all the parts cost and then your time to gather them all up. I would and have just bought the kits.

I have also run the groco strainer but be warned they can break when you least expect it. I had it happen at mb. It cost me a damaged cylinder and a piston. They work great but come me with their own hazzards.

Thanks for the replies and info.

On the ultra 150/stx-r motors it is one of the most needed mods for longevity. I had two stx-r's and ordered two skiworx kits and did them at the same time. Both ski's had major restrictions in the fittings at head. Would have been serious problems in the future if i hadn't done the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    On the ultra 150/stx-r motors it is one of the most needed mods for longevity. I had two stx-r's and ordered two skiworx kits and did them at the same time. Both ski's had major restrictions in the fittings at head. Would have been serious problems in the future if i hadn't done the mod.
    Thanks for the input. I pulled all three fittings and cleaned them. There was no build-up. Blew out the line to the front and back. Replaced fittings and put a little teflon tape on the them , I replaced the tyewraps with screw clamps on the hoses. This is the first time this was done since new (2002) not so sure I need to do the mod since everything was pretty clean.

What happens isnt build up. It is a piece of trash, leaves, wood and things like that. If the fitting to #2 or #3 stops up you will never know it till it is too late. I lost a motor before I knew better. The kit moves them out where you can see them so you stand a chance of catching it.

Post some photos if you have them. I have a kit I am putting in this winter, if it ever cools off!

So why did Kawasaki put # 1 cylinder pisser upfront and #2 and #3 in the back by the Pump?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information