Extended Warranties and Winterizing

Purchased new 2008 RXT in July and did not get extended warranty. Have read threads both for & against.

Can you give some advise / recommendations on warranty pros/cons and any aftermarket companies that offer such. I plan on making some mods after 1st year.

Also - what do I do to winterize my PWC besides fuel stabalizer and disconnect the battery - PWC is in San Antonio.

Appreciate thoughts.

You could have saved $50 if you bought the Sea Doo warranty within a month of your original purchase. There's a company on eBay selling discounted Sea Doo PWC BEST warranties. But watch out, when he lists a 3-year warranty, he's really selling a 2-year extended warranty. He's including the 1-year factory warranty that you already have. Some states like Florida don't allow companies to discount insurance and warrantys, that's why some dealers are more expensive than others. You can buy the warranty at any dealer and use it at any dealer... Ron

+1

Smile Storage Procedures

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade59 View Post
    Purchased new 2008 RXT in July and did not get extended warranty. Have read threads both for & against.

Can you give some advise / recommendations on warranty pros/cons and any aftermarket companies that offer such. I plan on making some mods after 1st year.

Also - what do I do to winterize my PWC besides fuel stabalizer and disconnect the battery - PWC is in San Antonio.

Appreciate thoughts.
    First of all Welcome to the best forum on the planet! I purchased RXT-X and got a 5 year extended warranty for $800. That's 2 major service calls!

Read your manual, then read it again, then read it again! I highly recommend you purchase the Service Manual from the dealer, it costs $100 but it is well worth it! It's about the size of a phone book and filled full of everything you need to know.

You can aso get the 2005 manual from here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63168

The 2006-2008 manuals are not out on the internet.

I made the attached file from the 2005 manual for you showing the storage procedures.

The stupidest thing you can do is not flush the ski correctly - I know I did it! Don't turn on the water to flush until motor is running and turn it off before you shut it down. Otherwise you will fill the motor with water and "hydolock" it and cause yourself undo stress and $$$$$. Been there done that!

Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have question ..

will the warranty void if u put any aftermarket parts on your pcw such as air intake or a thru hull exhaust

i ve seen some guys running the riva exhaust and still are under warranty

A lot is going to depend on your dealer. Dealers get paid by BRP to fix skis under warranty, and they are just shooting themselves in the foot if they give you a hard time over warranty work. Most dealers won't give you a hard time unless you mess with the electronics. For instance, if you buy a Riva ECU, part of the installation is for the installing dealer to void your warranty. Then again, they may be more likely to help if you buy the extended warranty from them instead of on eBay... Ron

Warranties

Thanks for info - so is the dealer the best place to get an extended warranty and can you get one for 3+ years?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade59 View Post
    Thanks for info - so is the dealer the best place to get an extended warranty and can you get one for 3+ years?
    Yes and the price of extended warranties ARE very negotiable. Work them hard and good luck.

Thread Information