Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Winter project Tearing apart my 95 SL750

Well I got my two new triple outlet fuel pumps from ZIG and instaled one on one of my ski's and I replaced all the fuel lines and so forth, well my MFD would always show empty for fuel so I figured pull the gas tank and pull out the sending unit and see if I can figure out what the problem is with it.. Well I get the long shaft sending unit almost out and the bottom of the unit wont come thru the hole on the fuel tank for some reason any ideas?

I found this on youtube and figured my fuel sending unit must work similar to this [/url]

I also was wondering where can I get a inline oil filter I figure I might as well replace it while it's easy to get to with the fuel tank out.. Cya Slick

+1
    I've seen a few where you just need to work them a little bit.
    The aluminum at the bottom of the sender fits a little snug. I usually bring it out as far as I can and then angle to the tank. With a little pressure against the tank you should be able to remove the sender.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    There's a black cap on the bottom that seems to be a tad bigger than the grey tube. You kinda need to angle the tube towards the electrical board (flat part) and giver her a wiggle and pull at the same time.

Careful to not force it out though. The cap is pretty thin and will break off. The cap is what keeps your float from falling out.

Also, the more than likely problem you're having is the float is gas logged and sinking regardless of tank level. Randy at Watcon.com sells the replacement floats for around $26.

+1
    Ah yesssss, black plastic on the aluminum...I had it imagined visa-versa for some unknown reason.
    Thanks for setting me straight xlint.

+1
    This will help explain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	025.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	882.3 KB 
ID:	102375  

Alright guys I got it out after I got the right angle of the dangle on that thing.. Then after I had it out I took the bottom off the sending unit and gave it a good inspection and every thing still seems in place properly and I took the float and put it in a bucket of water and it still floated no matter how hard I tried to keep it in the bottom of the bucket..

I am going to take it to work on Monday and have my buddy put a Ohm meter on it and see if it's working and if it is where should I look next to fix the no fuel on the MFD problem?Oh yes any Idea where I can pick up in line oil filter and I will need a couple new one's.. I also going to need a filler hose between the fuel tank and the gas cap because I cut it because I could not get the tank out unless I cut it thanks for all your help as always guys.. Cya Slick

Guys does this look like the correct inline oil filter for my 95 Sl750 I punched up part #2530009

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/polarisf...er2530009.aspx

I got the part # from the post Beerdart posted for polaris parts and thats what I goggled and that the website I came up with..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25977

Well I just read a past post about not putting the float in water, it has to be in gas to see if it actually will float or not?? Will do that next.. Cya Slick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    Well I just read a past post about not putting the float in water, it has to be in gas to see if it actually will float or not?? Will do that next.. Cya Slick
    Glad you caught your own mistake.

As for the in line filters I'd try randy at Watcon.com, Partsland.com, or maybe Babbitt's.

Alright guys I put the Ohm meter on the sending unit today and here is my readings when the float was tilted in the sending unit as empty I got a reading of 244 and when it was tilted towards full I got a reading of 35..

After I done this test on the sending unit I opened the bottom up and took the float out again to show my buddy at work and when I pulled it out the float almost had a hole in it just from tilting it back and forth in the sending unit.. So that told me the float has to be real brittle so I am sure the float is the problem with my gas gauge not working..

So I ordered two replacement floats from Randy at Watcom.com and I e-mailed him about those inline oil filters I needed, I got his reply and a link that took me to his fuel filters is it true they use fuel filters for oil filters as well?????? because as you all know that the fuel lines on the fuel system in these Polaris are 1/4" in size but the oil line going from the tank to the oil pump is a lot smaller then then 1/4" it a tiny oil line what insight can you give me on this.. Cya Slick

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information