Help with error code

Hey guys keep getting the error code p 127 enoyone no what it is and what can i do , my mods are re maped ecu , bkit, 42 , 14/19 skat , thermo and handling ???

There's a list of codes in the How To & FAQ section, but P0127 is not listed. When did this start - when the ECU was remapped?... Ron

it happened after i had all the engine parts on , i took it in they said its a code thats showing the intercooler is over heating but they said it was fixed and now its back , just a bit worried that i might burn something

Maybe they meant the intercooler was clogged causing the exhaust to overheat. You might try bypassing the water inlet to the water outlet of the intercooler and see if the problem goes away. Do you run a strainer on the intercooler? Do you run in lots of sea weed or other debris that could block the intercooler or J-pipe?... Ron

+1
    I think that is the same code I got on my T-X earlier this year. It was the temp. sensor on the front of the intake manifold gone bad. There was nothing wrong with the intercooler. Just a bad sensor.
    Last edited by Poppa Dawg; 11-02-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Add info.

yeh i think it might be a bad sensor but still a bit cautious , i dont wana blow anything up as we are just hitting summer and if anything was to go wrong now (knock on wood ) there is no chance ill be able to get it fixed till end of the summer

If you think it's a sensor, download a Service Manual for whatever year ski you have, or buy one from the dealer. The Service Manual has testing procedures for each sensor. Basically, all you need is a Volt-Ohm-Meter (VOM). Then you take resistance measurements of the sensor... Ron

+1
    I am bumping a dated thread.

My RXT with X ecu, X charger, 42s but with 215 oem intercooler thru the P0127 code once aprox 7,800 rpm. Ski ran good just kept throwing code at wot.

I will put my sensor from my rxp on and see what happens.

THe only reason i dont put alot of wait on this being the issue as i have 0em 215 intercooler in ski and maybe it want work with X setup. ??? Too much heat maybe??? I wonder what temp the sensor is for???

Thread Information