Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Anyone up to give me some insight?

Got the ski torn apart, well not really. Got the pump back off, VTS out, and resonator pulled. Tackling the free flow and venturi. Those are ready to go back in - straight forward.

I plan on clamping off the bailer hoses before putting the VTS back in, but I'm going to do the waterbox mod first. Wondering just how that exhaust (stainless shiny exhaust looking thing - you know I need help when I don't even know its name) comes off. Thinking it's just a matter of removing that clear plastic sleeve over the threaded bolt and unscrewing the nut up the shaft until it loosens enough to separate the steel pipe.

Am I missing something? Anything more than that? Then removing the waterbox and pipe as one unit from the hull...

you got it

+1
    I just kept going and then it all came clear. So I've got a scrap yard in the garage with that resonator, VTS, waterbox, venturi/reverse/nozzle all out. I just hope I remember how to put it all back together with minimal extra nuts and bolts. I'll just put those in the glovebox with the others.

+1
    Okay - so I'm putting the nozzle/venturi back onto the pump. Should I use any Right Stuff or Ultra Black. The venturi is going up against the 2.0 degree wedge and there were no gaskets of any sort between that and the stock venturi...

+1
    I don't use any sealant on mine. Of course i test alot of different venturi's/impellers so im constantly pulling it apart. Sealant would just make things tough.

When putting the nozzle/venturi back onto the pump you do not need that. Make sure you do put something on the bolts. I back all my bolts back down with some blue Loc-tite, and lock washers.

+1
    Sounds good...and I go through a lot of blue with these bolts. Well I'll make my way back out in the garage to keep working on it. Wouldn't you know it, the nicest day of the week is today and the waterbox got dropped off to be welded.

+1
    How much are they charging to weld up the waterbox?

+1
    i guess that depends on what the welding shop wants to charge. I'd say $20 would be fair.

+1
    I'm hoping about $20. The guy is really cool - Mack at Ziegler's for those local in Olympia. He said he'd have it done for me this afternoon so I can go riding this weekend. That was cool since he was so backed up. So it's worth more to me for that type of service. I just don't do a lot of welding (zero, none, zilch, whatever the scale) to actually invest in that type of equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information