+1

DJSA Race-13 / Six Flags / Results - Photos - Comments

Wow...

The clocks went back an hour, everyone got an extra hour of sleep, and I think I may have just slept 11 hours because I woke up late and have to jet off to work. I must have been more tired than I thought but I will post the results and point standings tonight when I get home. (Personally I think they should give us an extra day instead of just one hour - I think 24 hours of sleep sounds pretty good right now)

Pizza at Mountain Mikes wasn't quite the same as if we had all gotten to enjoy Fright Fest at the park, but Mother Nature kind of "dumped on us" (literally). Six Flags wanted to close sooner than that 2:30 mark they gave us, but I thank them for giving us the extra hour so that we could get 2 rounds of racing in for each class, and a "scored" race on the books.

I can't say I was that cold....but I can say, that is the wettest I've been for a solid 8 hours without even having the chance to enjoy the water, and I found out why they call them "Shade" pop ups, and not "Rain" pop ups. Everything under those 2 tents was soaked, but somehow Steph, Nicole, and Debi managed to keep those 3 scoring clipboards dry enough for me to read the scoresheets!

I think the smartest guy at the races yesterday was announcer Mike Vestel, who was enjoying the confines of the enclosed announcers booth sitting high over the lake. The wind was blowing pretty good and I couldn't really hear the music that well, but Cat Cottle - also enjoying the dryness of the sound booth - thank you for adding that extra Bling with the tunes that keep everyone pumped up. (I did hear THRILLER playing when David Cottle Jr came out dressed like Michael Jackson (white glove included) and that was very cool! Traci Cottle also hung out in the booth to protect that awesome camera from the rain, but I am anxious to see how the view looks from overhead above the lake. Thank you all for being there.

Stephanie, Nicole, and Debi who told me numerous times they hated me..... thank you so much for braving the rain and keeping the scoring under control. Mark Nunes on the RDP (rider down patrol) thank you for always sounding the alert before I could get my numb fingers on the radio button but I have to say this... one thing that made the whole day great was "laughing" and when you stood at the edge of the pop up and the 2 gallons of rain that had accumalated in a low spot dumped down on you..... dude - the look on your face was priceless and you didn't even get mad!!!

Safety Staff -
    John Bonkowski
    Phil Lago
    Danny Marlott (welcome back brother)
    and Brandt Hanson
    Only got 2 words for you.... PRIDE - and THANKS.
    Watching you guys work, gives me nothing but pride. You are an incredible and talented team and all I can offer is a very humble thank you.

American Idol contestant Vanessa Lucero... I know you will never speak to me again, but the goosebumps I got while you sang the national anthem weren't from the cold. Having you sing with team orange in the background with those 2 American flags waving - now thats just downright HOT and all I want to do when you're done is jump on a ski, peg it, and go RACING!! Thank you for being so incredible!

I could not believe how dark, windy, and wet it got at times, and we were just waiting for Six Flags to pull the plug if lightening moved into the area, but it didn't - and you guys amazed me.

Horrible conditions, but yet all I saw was you guys smiling and laughing as if we were at SSVR on a 100 degree day in sunshine. The safety crew was "on it" all day, and never once complained about not taking breaks to get as many races in as possible.

As a bonus, I got to see Larry the cable guy, a football cheerleader, a football player, Top Gun's "MAVERICK, Michael Jackson, a real live "Camel T......", A monster with his head on backwards, Phil's girlfriend, and a few other ghouls and goblins on skis that made me laugh to the max.... (and yes its true, Phils girlfriend is a ghoul on a Yamaha...)

More about the costume event later, but I will say this....
    Gardemeyer and Powers.... Cattoor and Rennie,
    Dixon, Nunes, Gidley and Haag,
    Saale, Cottle and Harrington,
    Mallari, Cottle, Schrock, and Ignacio,
    Carlson, Chattaway, and Bird.....
    NEVER have I seen you guys run stronger, harder, or better than I saw you run yesterday.... and I saw some of the closest Jetski and PWC racing that would make any sports writer proud! It was AWESOME!

And the 3-D Dude "Joker Bob", and the new rooks in the 750 and 650 classes, Melvin the DVD producer in the SCXP - all you guys who came out for your 1st ever race in those horrible conditions.... you amazed me, and the smiles on your faces made me forget about everydrop of rain.

You are an incredible group of people.
    What I thought would be a dark gloomy day of racing turned out to be one of the HOTTEST race days in the entire 2008 series, and I will remember this day for a very long time.
    Simply put - the honor ladies and gentlemen, as always, is all mine.

More tonight

Jim Lambert

Here are the pictures everyone. I am really sorry there were not more, and that they really aren't all that great. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that on the 15th the weather is much better!!

Here are a few of the Pictures:
    Camo Joe

"phil's Girlfriend"

Thriller

And the winners
    Jerry Powers

And Rick Ignatio

650's:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...s%2011-01/650/

Fast and Super Stands:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...%2011-01/fast/

Sport and Sprints:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...and%20sprints/

SCXP:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...1/SCXP%20sits/

Before, After and Extra's:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0and%20extras/

Practice Laps:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0and%20extras/

Costume Laps:
    http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...costume%20lap/

+1
    Niiiiiice!!

+1
    Diablo Jet Ski Action
    Series Race 13 of 14
    Six Flags – Vallejo California
    Sat – Nov 1st 2008
    “The Fright Fest Tsunami”

The
    Unofficial” Official results

650 Standup
    1) #157 – J. Gardemeyer – Copperopolis – Kaw – 1,1 – 100 pts
    2) #322 – J. Powers – Brentwood – Kaw – 2,2 – 80 pts
    3) #53 – J.Cattoor – Brentwood – Kaw – 3,3 – 70 pts
    4) #188 – R. Bird – Valley Springs – Kaw – 4,4 – 60 pts

5) #25 – T.Joy – Novato – Yam – 5,5 – 50 pts
    6) #282 – M. Rennie – San Leandro – Kaw – 7,6 – 40 pts
    7)#510 – R.Lisirrtz – Union City – Kaw – 6,7-30 pts

750 Standup
    1)#3D- B.Tavenner – Fairfield – Seadoo – 2,1- 100 pts
    2)#970 – M.Saale – Incline – Kaw – 1,2 – 80 pts
    3)#810 – J.Orr – Hayward – Kaw – 3,3 – 70 pts
    4)#99 – T.Rieckhoff – Hayward – Yam – 4,4 – 60 pts

Super 800 Standup
    1) #715 – J. Dixon – Rocklin – Kaw – 2.1 - 100 pts
    2) #117– T. Nunes – Salt Springs – Kaw – 1,2 - 80 pts
    3) #3 – M.Gidley – Novato – Kaw – 3,3 – 70 pts
    4) #111 – R. Haag – Modesto – Kaw – 4,4 - 60 pts

Sport Sitdown
    1) #11 – D. Carlson – Auburn – Seadoo – 1,1 - 100 pts
    2) #66 – A.Chattaway – San Jose – Yam – 3,2 – 80 pts

3) #88 – R. Bird – Valley Springs – Yam – 2,3 – 70 pts

Sprint Sitdown
    1) #415 – P.Mallari – Antioch – Yam – 2,1 – 100 pts
    2) #90 – C. Cottle – Valley Springs – Polaris – 1,3 - 80 pts
    3) #37 – S.Schrock – Stockton – Yam – 3,2p – 70 pts
    4) #816 – R. Ignacio – Eldorado Hills – Yam – 4,4 - 60 pts

SCFAST Sitdown
    1) #70 – M.Saale – Incline Village – Seadoo – 2,1 – 100 pts
    2) #95 – D. Cottle Jr – Valley Springs – Yam – 1,2 – 80 pts
    3) #528 – S. Harrington – Martinez – Hon – 3,3 - 70pts
    4) #9 - M.Green – Fairfield – Seadoo – 4,4 – 60 pts

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Fright Fest bonus points

Standups
    Gardemeyer +25 as a football player with a Camel…Joe
    Powers +50 as Larry the Cable Guy
    Cattoor +25 as The monster on the back of his head staring down the competition
    Bird +25 as….as….well she had long gray hair under the helmet…. a witch on a 550?
    T.Joy +25 with Godzilla growing out of his helmet
    Orr +25 as a real life football player
    Dixon +25 as Rubiks Kid
    Nunes +25 as a Bar Fly
    Gidley +25 as Danica Patr…. I mean a cheerleader whose routine made me choke on my coffee!

Sits
    C.Cottle +25 as Phils Girlfriend
    R.Ignacio +50 as Top Gun’s “Maverick”
    D.Cottle +25 as Michael Jackson the “Thriller”

Thread Information