Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Help I'm Sinking!!!!

Well Went for a nice ride today with Jim (taylor215) and Scott (treemn) on the c14.. Well heading back from the end of the c14, I hear a pop like i sucked something up in the jet pump.. Then all of a sudden my engine bogged and i was like Oh no I'm sinking so i quickly turned my ski so i will go to the side of the canal bank.. Shut it off right away. checked all my hoses just to make sure nothing popped off. at this point my whole engine bay was full of water ur to the top of the motor. And the ski was almost going under. So i popped my water plugs off and i said f it. Jim was a big help he towed the ski back to the ramp as i walked the shore. luckily it didn't sink all the way. so i get back to the ramp stick the ski on my trailer and drain the whole ski. Water was coming straight through the jet pump area as well. So once it all cleared out. We took the plugs out and turned her over water was shooting out ..It appears the c clamp came off the carbon seal. I didn't take a good look at it but thats what Scott spotted. Looks like shes going back to the dealer to get checked out.. Right now I'm sucking the oil out and I'm just going to dump some new oil in so its not siting in the case with water and oil.. on the crank.. The dealer is closed on Monday. so Tuesday thats where ill be.. Anything else u think i should do be for i bring her in. she will be sitting a couple of days since there not open tomorrow.. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Well Went for a nice ride today with Jim (taylor215) and Scott (treemn) on the c14.. Well heading back from the end of the c14, I hear a pop like i sucked something up in the jet pump.. Then all of a sudden my engine bogged and i was like Oh no I'm sinking so i quickly turned my ski so i will go to the side of the canal bank.. Shut it off right away. checked all my hoses just to make sure nothing popped off. at this point my whole engine bay was full of water ur to the top of the motor. And the ski was almost going under. So i popped my water plugs off and i said f it. Jim was a big help he towed the ski back to the ramp as i walked the shore. luckily it didn't sink all the way. so i get back to the ramp stick the ski on my trailer and drain the whole ski. Water was coming straight through the jet pump area as well. So once it all cleared out. We took the plugs out and turned her over water was shooting out ..It appears the c clamp came off the carbon seal. I didn't take a good look at it but thats what Scott spotted. Looks like shes going back to the dealer to get checked out.. Right now I'm sucking the oil out and I'm just going to dump some new oil in so its not siting in the case with water and oil.. on the crank.. The dealer is closed on Monday. so Tuesday thats where ill be.. Anything else u think i should do be for i bring her in. she will be sitting a couple of days since there not open tomorrow.. Thanks
    Quick question, do you have a Riva intake? If so, the fix is easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Quick question, do you have a Riva intake? If so, the fix is easy.
    I do its sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed still stock air intake..

+1
    I do its sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed still stock air intake..
    If it was installed on your ski when it sunk, it sunk b/c you did not properly rotate the rear clamp between the carbon ring. I've read a number of posts by people who have not turned this clamp during installation of the Riva power filter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    If it was installed on your ski when it sunk, it sunk b/c you did not properly rotate the rear clamp between the carbon ring. I've read a number of posts by people who have not turned this clamp during installation of the Riva power filter.
    Ahh i see. Well the motor was pulled a month ago for supercharger bearing failure. so back to the dealer i go ..

Just finished sucking the oil out.. Anyone care for a milkshake? also sprayed some wd down the spark plug holes. seems like most of the water is out. I guess all i can do now is wait till tuesday.. unless someone else has any other ideas for me to do while i wait to take it in.. Skis still under warrenty.

+1
    I sunk my ski one time due to a problem with an OPAS blockoff. The intake had lots of water in it. I wound up patching the hole, clearing out the water, and riding it back to the landing. No further repair needed, other than permanently fixing the hole.

First, remove the spark plugs and the intake manifold blockoff or intercooler. This will drain water out the intake plenum. Spin the motor over until all the water is out. Check the oil for water, which will make it look milky or make water bubbles. Then, put the plugs in and run it.

bad luck lately.......i hope you get it fixed soon.

+1
    Wait for tuesday????

Your engine is RUSTY TOAST by Tuesday.

Get that water out of that engine. Put some oil in that engine and get that bastage cranked and running on the trailer...it's your only hope.

adam, take the plugs out and turn the engine over for about 15-20 seconds....
    this will clear the engine of water and allow your engine to start...Install the plugs and try to start... If it starts then, let it run for 30 seconds... then pump out all oil and refill with cheap oil and start again... repeat this until the oil looks clean...
    This will atleast get all the water out of the engine....
    Hope it helps... Good luck!!!!

Riva is open on mondays, go there....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information