Hydro-Turf Removal

I am not sure if this is where you post this or not, but does anyone know the best way to get the Turf off??? I think mine was glued on with the same stuff they glue the wings on NASA's shuttles. Once I get a little section off, the adhesive residue is awful. I am painting the whole ski, so I guess if the paint gets faded from a chemical it wouldn't matter. Thanks

+1
    I had petty good luck using Acetone to soften/loosen the glue. And a Scraper

I found a product that is great for glue, tar , sap, , ect it is a product that blacktop companies use it is called OIL. FLO PHONE # 408-734-2200
    Made by Titan Laboratories I have this in gallon form. Do not let this sit on plastic. But paint no problem, was the best for removing the glue but your still gonna have to work on it.

I use Xylene and the affects are pretty instant. Very effective. Once you get an edge of the old mat loose just put a drop or two against the point of detach every so often and the whole pad will just peel up neatly. Be sure to work with the garage door open or you'll cop a MEAN buzz. Oh, and NO SMOKING!

+1
    Go to O'Reilly's and pick up some 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. It loosens the glue and the backing easily and does not hurt the finish. I keep this stuff around for cleaning grease and oil off parts and tools also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mile_hi_1300
    I use Xylene and the affects are pretty instant. Very effective. Once you get an edge of the old mat loose just put a drop or two against the point of detach every so often and the whole pad will just peel up neatly. Be sure to work with the garage door open or you'll cop a MEAN buzz. Oh, and NO SMOKING!
    I'm w/ mile. The stuff is great for cleaning up after you peel w/heat but DO NOT get it on the plastic. It'll melt.

Also, make sure you remove all the rags from the house/garage or you'll wake up with a smarting head....

Thread Information