Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar

What my dealer told me...

When I bought my Ultra, my dealer told me my first winterization was free. So I called them and told them I would be dropping it off so they could winterize it. They told me that since it was a 4-Stroke it doesn't have to be winterized and that it drains itself.

They told me to bring it in anyways and they would disconnect the battery, wash it, etc. I asked them if they would do the 25 hour maintence, and in the manual it says every 25 hours check this and that. They said all you do for the first 25 hours is change the oil. And thats all they were going to do...

What should I do? Does this sound right?! My warranty is up March 09. I don't want to get it out in May and it won't run right because they screwed it up...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Find a new Dealer................

Quote Originally Posted by AllenUltra250X View Post
    I don't want to get it out in May and it won't run right because they screwed it up...
    One thing people screw up on winterization of 250X is NOT doing anything about the s/c. The s/c internal must be fogged properly. If not done properly, it would lock up.. Also the s/c belt pulley surface should be free of moisture. It would rust badly and corroded pulley's ribbed contact area can chew up the belt.

As for draining water from ski, the dealer is right about self drainiang on 250X (but not on 12/15F).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Find a new Dealer................
    I agree, even if that oil change is supposed to be free...

Smile

pull the hose off that is between the supercharger and the intercooler, then spray foging oil into the supercharger and bump the starter four or five times while you spray. that is the most imporant thing you need to do. or you will be buying a new supercharger. you should do this even if you dont plan on using the boat for 30 days or more.

+1
    refer to kawasaki's factory directed modification (lubricating the supercharger). you can find it in this thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869
    d/l the pdf "FDM water ingestion" and follow the procedure from page 3 onwards

MAKE SURE you do this, if you leave it without doing anything you risk locking up the whole thing and it won't turn over.

Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post
    pull the hose off that is between the supercharger and the intercooler, then spray foging oil into the supercharger and bump the starter four or five times while you spray. that is the most imporant thing you need to do. or you will be buying a new supercharger. you should do this even if you dont plan on using the boat for 30 days or more.
    I wonder how much damage I have done by not winterizing my ski at all last year (two different dealers said it's fine) and leaving it sit outside in Colorado? I assume none and it sat for 2 months this Summer with no issues. I guess this year I will Fog the supercharger just because it seems like a fairly easy task.

I have 175 hours on my 2007 250x and the only thing I do is treat the fuel for couple of months when weather is real cold and keep the battery charged. Hope I havent damaged anything.

If I was riding in salt water I would be more apt to worry about fogging the rotor blades. Im sure you guys will be fine. Just make sure everything is as dry as possible with no moisture in the hull. But if it makes you feel better by doing it then its easy.

Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post

How about if you crank her up every week? Need to fog? Or beter yet, Should Ya?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information