Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 94 slt polaris

94 slt polaris

Im a new owner to a 94 slt polaris (my first pwc )with a a bad rod ..my question is im getting ready to pull the motor and rebuild it what are some of the things i should do as im rebuilding my pwc ?? and i have order a new service manaul so i should have that any day now , im not sure how to unhook the drive shaft from the prop i have the motor bolt out but not sure how to get shaft off as of yet ..sorry so many questions any one help thanks john from Ohio....

take out the 4 bolts holding the water pump on at the rear of the boat. disconnect the steering cable. disconnect the hose from inside the hull. yank and pull out the water pump. it probably will take some yanking and pulling of the pump to separate it from the hull. the drive shaft migh/may come out with the pump. if it doesnt and it stays connected to the motor/coupler just yank on the shft and it'l come out too.................

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dtephjohn2209 View Post
    ...94 SLT Polaris (my first pwc)...
    I have ordered a new service manual so I should have that any day now...
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Click here for the 1992-1998 Polaris Service Manual.

Jet pump removal is outlined in the manual, then you can follow the steps to remove the engine.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk dt.

Where in OH are you? I may be able to help.

My first pwc

Thanks everyone for all your help, and i really like this site alot.. so many things to look at and read and very helpful i have been reading about fuel and water pumps should i replace this stuff with new and better parts???And if so what kind or name brand should i use?? and i live down in south of Dayton Centerville area.. Thanks 4 all the help

+1
    Hi John, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dtephjohn2209 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your help, and i really like this site alot.. so many things to look at and read and very helpful i have been reading about fuel and water pumps should i replace this stuff with new and better parts???And if so what kind or name brand should i use?? and i live down in south of Dayton Centerville area.. Thanks 4 all the help
    That's a bit far from me, too bad.

Now would be a good time to get a Mikuni triple outlet fuel pump if you don't have one already. John Zigler (member on here sells them for about $26 new)

Good time to replace all the fuel hoses, clean/inspect carbs and fuel shut off valve.

As for your previous question, you need to remove the steering, trim, and/or reverse cable from the jet pump.

Then remove the 4 long BOLTS, not the nuts holding the pump to hull.

Pull the jet pump off the ski. Often the drive shaft comes with the pump. If it doesn't, grab hold of it and pull straight out. It will come out, just don't hit yourself in the face, or fall on your butt when it lets go.

Now for the crankshaft. Be aware that the crank isn't really serviceable by just anyone. The cranks are press fit, so a machine shop will need to be involved. But better than that is to send the crank out for rebuild to a reputable shop. Be aware that the cost will be around $400 more or less to have it done.

Thumbs up 1995 sl750 - Yank on shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by la90043 View Post
    take out the 4 bolts holding the water pump on at the rear of the boat. disconnect the steering cable. disconnect the hose from inside the hull. yank and pull out the water pump. it probably will take some yanking and pulling of the pump to separate it from the hull. the drive shaft migh/may come out with the pump. if it doesnt and it stays connected to the motor/coupler just yank on the shft and it'l come out too.................
    Thanks guys you also answerred my question...... just yank on the shft and it'l come out too.

just yank on the shft and it'l come out !!!!

I've been yanking on this shft and it wouldn't come out. Before I hook a comealong to it......... What the heck is holding this shft in. I looked thru the manual and cannot see what would be holding this shft in.

It has plenty of wiggle... but not coming out.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcostello56 View Post
    I've been yanking on this shaft and it wouldn't come out. Before I hook a comealong to it......... What the heck is holding this shaft in. I looked thru the manual and cannot see what would be holding this shaft in.

It has plenty of wiggle... but not coming out.
    Could you give us a couple of clear pictures, just in case something is non-stock regarding the drive shaft or jet pump...

When replying, click Advanced Mode, then scroll down to Manage Attachments button. Upload your JPG images, then click Preview to confirm it all looks good. Click Submit when your post is ready.

To confirm, the jet pump and impeller have been removed - correct?
    The drive shaft is just hanging in the tunnel?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information