+1

its that time of year.

i hate this time of year all the summer toys have to go away. my car, my new to me motorcycle, and my jetski go into winter storage. i dont have any winter hobbies but it does allow me to tear into things for the next season. unfortunately my ski is just going to get some mild prep work this year like carb rebuild. next winter im gona do a complete tear down and redo the hull. this year the motorcycle is getting rebuilt from the ground up.

what about you guys what do you do when you lay up your summer toys? any winter hobbies?

+1
    We went out for the last time also this past sunday and what a sad day it was to.I hate putting them away for the winter.We dont really have a ny hobbies for the winter except that Snoman will be doing some stuff around the house ...My goal for the winter is to get rid of as much crap as possible around this house,then maybe have a BIG garage sale in the spring.That way i can buy new parts for my ski,hehehehehe!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    The big boat was put away last month...truck has a cover on it

Skis are on stands in garage, but can be fired up in a moments notice for that special ride...

I have 2 riding lawnmowers that I plan to make into one good one...

Basement is gonna get stripped of all walls (flood damage)...prep for spring remodel of house...

Let Missy come over and sit on my skis, and go Vroom-Vroom!

I think I may take a last ride on my ski tonight then winterize it

But hey, 70 degrees in November?...not bad

That time of year ??

No unfortunately if my interviews with BOA dont work out my boat will have to be winterized too I don't miss the cold, although riding in 34 degree water with 38 degree air temps is def a story to tell....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The big boat was put away last month...truck has a cover on it

Skis are on stands in garage, but can be fired up in a moments notice for that special ride...

I have 2 riding lawnmowers that I plan to make into one good one...

Basement is gonna get stripped of all walls (flood damage)...prep for spring remodel of house...

Let Missy come over and sit on my skis, and go Vroom-Vroom!
    didnt you just buy your house a few months ago or was that another member?

that sucks my friend just had a pipe burst in his house half of his basement was finished and the other half had his tools and stuff. what a mess there was wet insulation and sheet rock every where.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    didnt you just buy your house a few months ago or was that another member?

that sucks my friend just had a pipe burst in his house half of his basement was finished and the other half had his tools and stuff. what a mess there was wet insulation and sheet rock every where.

Yea, I bought the house in April. Then we got remenants of the Hurricans that dumped 9+ inches in a day on us, water started coming in from everywhere. My house is old, but not that old. THe problem was not water flowing in, it was water getting out. The house was retrofitted with a sump like 5-6 years ago (according to the son of the previous owner), but whoever put it in never put a check-valve on the discharge tube. So when the sump would kick on and dump, when it turned off, over 3/4 would come back down. 10 seconds later it would kick on again. The sump just could not keep up...So water would back fill

But since the finished walls had been already soaked a few times from flooding, then its time for everything to come out. So the walls will come down, which will let me pull the ceiling down. I can recondifure the walls, run new electical and plumbing, so that in the spring when I need to I can do my stuff upstairs and its prepped ready to go...

I snowboard.. take trips to VT and etc. I also watch LOTS and LOTS of football.

I used to play hockey during winter but I moved away for school so I'm keeping busy with that for the winter.

Thread Information