+1

installed the jims rideplate

took a lot of grinding on pump to get it perfect,but i followed jims installation instructions exactaly, plate looks real good and smooth,I went ahead and filled the holes for rideplate/pumpshoe bolts with marine-tex and sanded smooth with my nesco right angle air grinder and a blue scotch brite pad...will try to test sat...............also installing jet works kit..Im hopefull I can skin an xp....will post results....

+1
    Howd those Blue pads hold up
    Never had Blue ones
    SCOTT......

Re: installed the jims rideplate

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r
    took a lot of grinding on pump to get it perfect,but i followed jims installation instructions exactaly, plate looks real good and smooth,I went ahead and filled the holes for rideplate/pumpshoe bolts with marine-tex and sanded smooth with my nesco right angle air grinder and a blue scotch brite pad...will try to test sat...............also installing jet works kit..Im hopefull I can skin an xp....will post results....
    Keep in mind that filling in the holes is usually done after you have tuned your plate to it's desired optimal position......the plates are not usually just bolted on and you hit it "perfect" the first time you tighten down everything. Pain in the buttocks to keep removing that putty everytime you are needing to adjust the plate at first.

Tune the plate for your set-up so you are happy........then...apply the putty once you are at optimal position.

Either way.........anxious to hear your results.

+1
    Damn DMD...you were "reading my mail". I was about to post the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    Damn DMD...you were "reading my mail". I was about to post the same thing

+1
    Pain in the buttocks to keep removing that putty everytime you are needing to adjust the plate at first.

yUp, I went thru alot of putty testing, but that is the only way I could see results from every adjustment I made.

+1
    I did not think of that thanks, filling everytime i will get my max speed..the blue pads are soft and kinda polish...its best to use on old one..i use them at our shop when i weld aluminum ,when extending swingarms on gsxr's or r-1's..good for cleaning the metal before welding....anyway im not going to use marine tex anymore its too goopy ,im going to get the pitty stick ....i have been thinking of machining a plug and using a counter sunk allen head screw so no filling is required but im not sure that i want to spend that much time on it....

+1
    I did not think of that thanks, filling everytime i will get my max speed..the blue pads are soft and kinda polish...its best to use on old one..i use them at our shop when i weld aluminum ,when extending swingarms on gsxr's or r-1's..good for cleaning the metal before welding....anyway im not going to use marine tex anymore its too goopy ,im going to get the pitty stick ....i have been thinking of machining a plug and using a counter sunk allen head screw so no filling is required but im not sure that i want to spend that much time on it....

Thread Information