Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milky

+1

Milky

Guys,

Had the motor rebuilt by dealer along w/ a new supercharger. hasnt been running too well, but i found a leak in exhaust gasket. thinkin thats the main prob. Changin out the gasket, pulled catch can and noticed foamy white oil. Also see foamy white oil on underside of oil cap. I check the dipstick every time i ride and no foam or whiteness on the oil from down below. Can this foam be from leaky exhaust gasket.,. or is it not related at all. Also just changed the oil. will try it tomorrow.

any advice, thanks.

Also - starts really hard. when cold. thinkin plugs? like the block has to pust water out.

Failed gasket is most likely issue, but if dealer missed it when it was built, god only knows why, possible could be something else. Repair them and change plugs [ouch].

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    Failed gasket is most likely issue, but if dealer missed it when it was built, god only knows why, possible could be something else. Repair them and change plugs [ouch].
    depending on how much jumping, and water get inside my hull I do from time to time get milky sh.t in my can , dont panic , ride it and keep an eye on it ,

hard starting sounds like plugs.

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    Guys,

Had the motor rebuilt by dealer along w/ a new supercharger. hasnt been running too well, but i found a leak in exhaust gasket. thinkin thats the main prob. Changin out the gasket, pulled catch can and noticed foamy white oil. Also see foamy white oil on underside of oil cap. I check the dipstick every time i ride and no foam or whiteness on the oil from down below. Can this foam be from leaky exhaust gasket.,. or is it not related at all. Also just changed the oil. will try it tomorrow.

any advice, thanks.

Also - starts really hard. when cold. thinkin plugs? like the block has to pust water out.

Your fine, the oil should look normal and head and catch can can often look milky. These are you condinsation points and in Florida I have found these areas to be milky after sitting for some time, Usually it burns off after a good 30 min running.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    depending on how much jumping, and water get inside my hull I do from time to time get milky sh.t in my can , dont panic , ride it and keep an eye on it ,

hard starting sounds like plugs.

Waz
    Very true. I didn't consider water intrusion that way. I don't see that on freshwater lake I'm on. The only time I'm lucky enough to catch 2-3 ft swells is when a yacth is plowing around at 1/4 throttle...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    Very true. I didn't consider water intrusion that way. I don't see that on freshwater lake I'm on. The only time I'm lucky enough to catch 2-3 ft swells is when a yacth is plowing around at 1/4 throttle...
    well. i put a lot of hours on the machine before the rebuild and never anything in the catch can. so something is diff. anyways. got a better seal on the exhaust gasket, so hopefully it wont spit out water to WOT. BTW. took the seat off and saw water dribbling out of one of the exhaust gaskets. so sounds like a pretty good leak. im just going to run it and see.

thanks for the input. Gonna have to bring her up to orlando Skip if its still sluggish.!

Im here if ya need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Im here if ya need me.

I've noticed Slither of Milky Oil on my Can as well every time it's disconnected for belt check. Oil has been good to go on each change.

+1
    Last time i took it out it just went to shi*.... boost was going back and forth from 12-0 at WOT. Oil was blowing out the BPV onto supercharger. Now i check my oil and its complete foam off the dipstick... Might have to let the dealer handle this one. Head gasket?

Do me a favor, pull the drain plug on the Intake manifold.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine#2.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	104371

If water come out the manifold drain then you have a cracked inter-cooler thats letting the boost fluctuate and spray water into the motor.

Head gasket could be the issue as it would press way too much water into the oil reservoir causing the oil to blow through the catch can system. Then onto the belt causing slip. Best if you had them also do a leak down test on the engine. I'm betting they didn't torque the head in the right pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information