Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2

    What are you using for?

    What type of oil is the best to run in the stator housing to lubricate the bearings. I have used hydrolic oil and I have used klotz r50 what do you people think about this! getting ready to build my pump up and looking for some input. For a 1300r. Thanks Lee


  2. #2
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    this is a stupid question but what is the stator housing? is that part of the pump which makes the prop spin?

  3. #3
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    this is a stupid question but what is the stator housing? is that part of the pump which makes the prop spin?
    Yes, Stator vein two seals two bearings one large spacer between the bearings and the main drive shaft! Yes I left out a few things So forget about the clowning action! Thanks Lee

  4. #4
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    sorry to jack the thread but is there a time frame on when you should change the oil in the stator? if so i need to do that and this thread will help

  5. #5
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    90w gear oil mixed into a thick paste with water proof grease

  6. #6
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    sorry to jack the thread but is there a time frame on when you should change the oil in the stator? if so i need to do that and this thread will help
    on my pump that I had hydrolic oil I changed it at 80 hrs

  7. #7
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    90w gear oil mixed into a thick paste with water proof grease
    Why the grease?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by L Carlson View Post
    What type of oil is the best to run in the stator housing to lubricate the bearings. I have used hydrolic oil and I have used klotz r50 what do you people think about this! getting ready to build my pump up and looking for some input. For a 1300r. Thanks Lee
    klotz allso makes a seadoo pump oil,I'm using syn gear lube

    later cd

  9. #9
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    klotz allso makes a seadoo pump oil,I'm using syn gear lube

    later cd
    How do you like the klotz sny i just got done looking that up on the klotz sight? Lee

  10. #10
    2000 GPRXP 4tec shooter98xpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2,717
    +1
    3
    Lucas Gear Oil mixed with some marine grease. I leave mine a little wet. Makes spinning the prop easier.
    Lee, with that stock grease they put in there, its hard to turn that prop. So mixing some grease and some gear oil will maintain those bearings. Also, save your money on buying that stuff and just get you some lucas gear oil and marine grease, mix it up and put it in.
    SHOOTER

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What are you using to pinch for towing?
    By 785xp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 12:15 AM
  2. What are you using for camera mounts?
    By imp0ster in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 04:33 AM
  3. What are you using for polishing your machines?
    By impactwrench in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
  4. what filter are you using for in the rear basket in your stx 12f?
    By 98gsxl951 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:57 AM
  5. What do you use for storage after High Flow Hood
    By excess in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •