Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SuperCharger removal - Need help fast

Im removing my supercharger and got to part of the clamp on the j - pipe. I took my 10mm socket and loosened the nut thing. The nut is separated from the bottom of the bolt, so there isnt any tension on the bolt

What is the next step? the nut is loose , but the tension is still on the clamp. Do I pound the bolt outward? How does this mechanism work, I dont want to start forcing the clamp and break it.

+1
    It probably started spinning on you, once the t-bolt unleashed from the opposite side of the clamp. You can unhook the t-bolt, and the clamp can be tapped loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    It probably started spinning on you, once the t-bolt unleashed from the opposite side of the clamp. You can unhook the t-bolt, and the clamp can be tapped loose.
    Am I tapping out on the bolt to spring it or an I tapping down directly on the bolt

+1
    Don't tap on the bolt!!!

LOOK at the bolt. It is held in place by the other side of the clamp. As you turn the 10mm nut, the bolt is probably spinning. Either don't let it spin, and loosen it up some more. If it's loose enough to dis-engage the t-bolt on the other side of the clamp, slip out the T and pop the clamp off.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Loosen it completely and open it wide, it should slide out easily...I had the same thing happen to me back in the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Don't tap on the bolt!!!

LOOK at the bolt. It is held in place by the other side of the clamp. As you turn the 10mm nut, the bolt is probably spinning. Either don't let it spin, and loosen it up some more. If it's loose enough to dis-engage the t-bolt on the other side of the clamp, slip out the T and pop the clamp off.
    I can spin that nut off, hold it in my hand and it doesnt change anything.
    It looks like on the bottom of the bolt there is another nut holding it on. Are there two nuts.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    It is called a t bolt for a reason. It looks like the letter T. The t end of the bolt sits in a cradle. once you unloosen it tap it lightly if it hasn't came out of the cradle. Once you get the bolt out you can expand the clamp enough to slide it past the coupling that is underneath.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    OK, here is a picture of the clamp removed. once loosened you have to squeeze the clamp together slightly to get the "t" end out of the cradle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tclamp.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	103018  

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    OK, here is a picture of the clamp removed. once loosened you have to squeeze the clamp together slightly to get the "t" end out of the cradle.
    I've got the nut completely off, and I understand the premise. Now the entire clamp has spun down about 2 inches and its harder to get to the bottom part where it disconnects. any suggestions.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Spin it the other way. Taking the nut off does nothing. All you need is enough slack to remove the other end from the cradle. Takes a little thinking. If this is stumping you wait till you get to that back super charger bolt or the rubberband on the waterbox.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information