Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

SHO bunker placement

Ok, guys,
    After reading some post of peeps getting a lot of scratches etc. from the bunkers scoring the chines I have now found that my SHO has the same signs of carpet burns and I never unload my ski without the bunkers being under water...it looks like the paint is rubbed right off the sharpest edge of the chine. Here are the picks of how I repositioned my bunkers to line up inside of each chine..please tell me what you think about the spacing and is this spacing sufficient to stabilize the skis on the trailer?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3503.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	103139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3502.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	103140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3504.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	103141  

+1
    If possible with your trailer, you might want to adjust the bunks to fit between the outside chines. That will help lower the center of gravity and give a little more horizontal support. I had the same issue, here is a thread I started with some pics & diagrams:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70603

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    If possible with your trailer, you might want to adjust the bunks to fit between the outside chines. That will help lower the center of gravity and give a little more horizontal support. I had the same issue, here is a thread I started with some pics & diagrams:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70603
    Wow, that's going to be tough...I had the bunks all the way out but they were running into the sides of the frame and my tail light so I had to bring them in more. I agree, they should be further out...I think my brackets are long enough to do that..it's just that those chines are starting to wear down because to put them where they need to be causes the chines to land right where the bunkers are. I also need to wipe the bunks down with a wide candle wax too...tomorrow I'll try and move then out..eventually I want to get the wide rollers.

+1
    If you can't move them farther apart without the chines resting on the bunks, you're probably better off leaving them where they are. I think the scuffing issue comes from the angle of the bunks(corners rubbing on hull). Some trailers allow for angle adjustment, but from your pics it looks like yours may not. An easy fix for the scuffing issue might be liquid rollers. I use the thick silicone tire shine stuff on mine which is easier to find and is pretty much the same thing. Just be careful, the ski will slide off the trailer much easier with that stuff, so leave the bow strap connected while backing down the ramp.

I have a loadrite and could not get them right on the outside chines. I had r-rated fix and adjust.He put them in the same area as yours in the inside. I had some nice scuffs and wear as well with only about 7-8 launches as I bought it in late August. I think the location should be fine. I also had to come with the realization that no matter what I do the bottom takes abuse.

+1
    These black hulls SHO every scratch/scuff. I don't know that any position is going to be the "perfect" position.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    quote=SHOdude;868416]These black hulls SHO every scratch/scuff. I don't know that any position is going to be the "perfect" position.[/quote]

Alway's had roller trailer, never get scratch's, may get the odd buff mark that buff's out.
    I dont under stand why the guys in the states use sliders?

http://www.swiftcotrailers.com/images/DSCN2997.JPG

here is my trailer design
    Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    quote=SHOdude;868416]These black hulls SHO every scratch/scuff. I don't know that any position is going to be the "perfect" position.
    Alway's had roller trailer, never get scratch's, may get the odd buff mark that buff's out.
    I dont under stand why the guys in the states use sliders?

You guys in Aussie must be more advanced than us in the states with this chit. The bunks do provide greater overall support with respect to heavy boats, but we are talking about 900 pound skis.

I definitely agree with you and the trailer you have would work great.

http://www.swiftcotrailers.com/images/DSCN2997.JPG

here is my trailer design
    Waz[/quote]

+1
    They are pretty cool and actually not that expensive. My only concern is that since the ski is trying to roll back and forth while being towed, you're constantly tightening and relaxing the tie downs. If something breaks I'd think it would be hard to react quick enough to save the ski.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information