Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva X-Charger w/HKS SSQV v.2 Blow-Off Valve

Not sure if this posting is okay, I wanted to start a new thread about these two items.??????

After much time trying to resolve fitting issues, I found a HKS to Greddy flange adapter (photo below). The flange adapter was a perfect fit and made the installation of the HKS a bolt-on job as opposed to having to weld the flange to Riva's s/c relocation tubing (see photo below).

As for the HKS BOV, it is an ideal type BOV for the boost I am pushing with the X-Charger (max about 15.5 @ 8540 rpm) and the fact that the HKS pull design is much faster/responsive than most traditional push type BOV's. Since I ride 99% of the time in the ocean, a responsive BOV is crucial to avoid over stressing the s/c and s/c clutches. While the HKS is most known for its great sounds, I chose to remove the sound amplifier insert and replace it with HKS's recirculation adapter to allow for the attaching of a K & N filter as a salt water precaution (see photo below).

Riva's X-Charger upgrade kit is simply kick ass. First, unlike other impeller upgrades available, Riva's kit provides a new housing and impeller at the same or lower price. As can be affirmed by several members on this forum, the hole-shot is nothing short of --suck my jet wash. Contrary to Riva's claim that their X-Charger can run with 50# injectors and the stock ECU, forget it. My X-Boat ran far too rich with the stock ECU and once I installed the Riva ECU (07-08 ) the ski idled perfectly and no longer ran rich. As many know, running rich fouls spark plugs. So, IMHO the ECU upgrade is an important consideration with this upgrade. Spark plug fouling aside, the X- Charger turned this ski into a fierce animal, it is absolutely amazing.

As for the installation, this is a typical Riva bolt-on item. If you have installed other Riva upgrades, this installation is a breeze. As for performance numbers, dunno -- until after the hydroddrags. If asked about my mods, I tell others...just installed the exhaust to make it sound good - lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00870.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	103235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00864.JPG 
Views:	382 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	103236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00881.JPG 
Views:	529 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	103237  

+1
    Nice sig. seadog. Hope I never line up with you on the new river. Need more data on the X-charger upgrade please. Sweet boat!

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Not sure if this posting is okay, I wanted to start a new thread about these two items.??????

After much time trying to resolve fitting issues, I found a HKS to Greddy flange adapter (photo below). The flange adapter was a perfect fit and made the installation of the of HKS a bolt-on job as opposed to having to weld the flange to Riva's s/c relocation tubing (see photo below).

As for the HKS BOV, it is an ideal type BOV for the boost I am pushing with the X-Charger (max about 15.5 @ 8540 rpm) and the fact that the HKS pull design is much faster/responsive than most traditional push type BOV's. Since I ride 99% of the time in the ocean, a responsive BOV is crucial to avoid over stressing the s/c and s/c clutches. While the HKS is most known for its great sounds, I chose to remove the sound amplifier insert and replace it with HKS's recirculation adapter to allow for the attaching of a K & N filter as a salt water precaution (see photo below).

Riva's X-Charger upgrade kit is simply kick ass. First, unlike other impeller upgrades available, Riva's kit provides a new housing and impeller at the same or lower price. As can be affirmed by several members on this forum, the hole-shot is nothing short of --suck my jet wash. Contrary to Riva's claim that their X-Charger can run with 50# injectors and the stock ECU, forget it. My X-Boat ran far too rich with the stock ECU and once I installed the Riva ECU (07-08 ) the ski idled perfectly and no longer ran rich. As many know, running rich fouls spark plugs. So, IMHO the ECU upgrade is an important consideration with this upgrade. Spark plug fouling aside, the X- Charger turned this ski into a fierce animal, it is absolutely amazing.

As for the installation, this is a typical Riva bolt-on item. If you have installed other Riva upgrades, this installation is a breeze. As for performance numbers, dunno -- until after the hydroddrags. If asked about my mods, I tell others...just installed the exhaust to make it sound good - lol.
    Nice write up man......So I guess you running unlimited class....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    Nice write up man......So I guess you running unlimited class....

huh, i signed up for the 'ole dog' class

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

After much time trying to resolve fitting issues, I found a HKS to Greddy flange adapter (photo below). The flange adapter was a perfect fit and made the installation of the HKS a bolt-on job as opposed to having to weld the flange to Riva's s/c relocation tubing (see photo below).

cant wait to seee this thing run...strong work man.....nice write up

+1
    Nice review and good work.

I got a question? What was your AFR when running stock ecu and 50s and did you get any AFR numbers with stock ecu and stock injectors.

Thanks

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    huh, i signed up for the 'ole dog' class

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    Hey rxpxseadog
    Have you tried the SSQV BOV yet?? If you havent Im
    Really interested in how it works on a ski, if its a good buy, reliable.. Even tho you have the filter the noise if any, i love the noise..
    Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamYamSHO View Post
    Hey rxpxseadog
    Have you tried the SSQV BOV yet?? If you havent Im
    Really interested in how it works on a ski, if its a good buy, reliable.. Even tho you have the filter the noise if any, i love the noise..
    Thanks.
    I have used the valve for about 4 or 5 hrs. now and i would say that it works well and it is a good buy. As for being reliable, time will tell. As compared to other o-ring BOV's, so far there is no comparison whatsoever.

Ahh, the filter, unfortunately I have to use the k & n filter b/c I ride in saltwater.

I've ran the HKS SSQV for 2 seasons now, all is well to date.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information