Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112

    dumping water overboard with free flow

    My friend has a GPR with a stage 2 kit from Riva for the ff exhaust he dumped some water overboard because of the sound suppresion being gone his came from Riva like this is it really necessary and would I'm thinking there would be a little holeshot gain instead of the build up of excess water what do you guys think about this?


  2. #2
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    is he dumping the water overboard from the #3 cylinder?

  3. #3
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    is he dumping the water overboard from the #3 cylinder?
    really not sure...but I was planning on doing that mod also.

  4. #4
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    if you have an oem head there are only 2 water exits on it and you can dump the one closest to the rear of the ski. people say it give you better holeshot. if you have aftermarket head just dump #3 overboard.

  5. #5
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    I have an 06 and 04 gpr both with oem heads milled... Both skis are set up with BOTH cooling lines T'd off and dumped... It didnt do anything for my holeshot but it does relieve pressure in the cooling system...

  6. #6
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    I have an 06 and 04 gpr both with oem heads milled... Both skis are set up with BOTH cooling lines T'd off and dumped... It didnt do anything for my holeshot but it does relieve pressure in the cooling system...
    i didn't feel any difference either. i just like the rooster tail it leaves at 70

  7. #7
    flyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,585
    It will help keep the cylinders cooler. More water flow through the cylinders

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9

    Cool

    reason to dump water #3 cylinder is to raise temp of pipe,after installing d-plate you never can get pipe as hot-kills topend,
    speed on sound changes with temp. you what a hot pipe for high rpm's
    OR maybe it just look cool
    depending on water temp where you ride may help may not,if water temp never get above 70 may not help

    later cd

  9. #9
    Altezza01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    1,527
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    reason to dump water #3 cylinder is to raise temp of pipe,after installing d-plate you never can get pipe as hot-kills topend,
    speed on sound changes with temp. you what a hot pipe for high rpm's
    OR maybe it just look cool
    depending on water temp where you ride may help may not,if water temp never get above 70 may not help

    later cd
    i knew there was a reason. i knew it got pipe hotter but didn't know d-plate killes top end

  10. #10
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    i didn't feel any difference either. i just like the rooster tail it leaves at 70
    Yeah I like how that looks also can't wait do this mod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 1200 waterbox with free flow $100 shipped
    By crashhard in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
  2. help with free flow exhaust
    By Super7Four in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
  3. yamaha stock head...dumping water overboard?
    By MJE in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
  4. Dump water overboard back cylinder
    By NITROSTANG in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 03:19 PM
  5. anyone have a video of a ski with free flow?
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •