Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buying on Ebay?

Buying on Ebay?

I have heard and obviously seen some people buying skis on ebay. How do people do it? I mean there are some that people are obviously not seeing before they buy... are there questions asked that determine whether the ski is good or not? I would be nervous doing that!

You need to ask the right questions and get the proper documentation of the ski being sold.

Also look at the sellers Feedback Rating. If it's less than 99% I usually pass. Also look at the number of sales they have made. I pass when they have less than 100 sales... Ron

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You need to ask the right questions and get the proper documentation of the ski being sold.

Also look at the sellers Feedback Rating. If it's less than 99% I usually pass. Also look at the number of sales they have made. I pass when they have less than 100 sales... Ron
    I agree, but it's not always about the number of sales....I have been scammed by guys with over 1000 sales.

Tap into the network of Greenhulk. If someone were interested in a ski in my area, I would gladly go and look at it - take pictures, see it run, etc. for a member of the site. I am certain others would do the same. Most sellers give a 7 day grace period to refuse the vehicle. So, I would try to stay within a geography that allowed you to do that.
    Last edited by BartenderSmalley; 11-07-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: grammatical error that changed the whole post....sorry.

+1
    If im looking to purchase a ski i will only search with in a like a 100 miles or unless they're on greenhulk and you have an idea of what they're trying to sell.

i know it sounds stupid, but make sure to see actual detailed pictures of the ski; the more the better. also see if the owner will provide maintenance records as those would be important

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Put the money in a 3rd party escrow (from the e-bay site). When you receive it and are satisfied you release the funds. Otherwise, refuse delivery or don't release the funds and tell them to take it back. Some due diligence is required in reading all of this but it is there.

i bought my 1st ski rxp 06 on ebay from a company in florida had 20 hours on it looked preety good got it shipped over to australia , when it landed here had some problems with the customs they wouldnt let me see the ski said it nedeed a clean after some arguments i was able to see the ski from distance and the ski was a mess , they must have took it out before it was on the ship there was sand everywhere it wasnt washed and rust started to ctach on , when contacted the company said it mush have been somebody from the docks , so my advice is becarefull who u buy from

I wont buy something i cant see. thats my personal policy as a buyer. As a seller, I try not to ship unless im desperate to sell a vehicle. I once shipped a car from CT to Idaho. The guy complained about the tread wear on the tires when he received it. Obviously, thats what happens when you buy something based just on a description and dont ask the right questions. If you buy like that, youre obviously rolling the dice. I wont do it.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    I agree, but it's not always about the number of sales....I have been scammed by guys with over 1000 sales.

Tap into the network of Greenhulk. If someone were interested in a ski in my area, I would gladly go and look at it - take pictures, see it run, etc. for a member of the site. I am certain others would do the same. Most sellers give a 7 day grace period to refuse the vehicle. So, I would try to stay within a geography that allowed you to do that.
    What he said...I would check locally too for a fellow green hulker...

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    I wont buy something i cant see. thats my personal policy as a buyer. As a seller, I try not to ship unless im desperate to sell a vehicle. I once shipped a car from CT to Idaho. The guy complained about the tread wear on the tires when he received it. Obviously, thats what happens when you buy something based just on a description and dont ask the right questions. If you buy like that, youre obviously rolling the dice. I wont do it.
    Agree 100%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information