Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Dealing with Teenagers and School/Life...SERIOUSLY!

Serious kids are really tuff these days .the loser kids in school show the good decent kids how to be complete assholes and get away with it.Touch me i call the cops i hear .Ya know what i say after i beat all hell outa ya call .And when i get back home from the station .CALL them again cause im coming home to kick your ass again and again and again.Get it.Matt lost all his games and tv etc.Im glad he has got it right now.Missy never back down stick to your guns and your rules .Never give in and 1 day hopefully something will snap and she will be on the same page as you.Good luck and put 2 cubes in the glass when drinking.

It wasn't just a city it was the whole state!

Nebraska state senators and Gov. Dave Heineman have agreed to put a strict age limit in the controversial safe-haven law to prevent more drop-offs of older children at hospitals.

At least 18 children, the youngest 22 months and many of them teens, have been abandoned since the law took effect in July. Nebraska's law is the only one in the country that lets anyone leave a child as old as 18 at a state-licensed hospital without fear of prosecution for the abandonment.

Here's the entire story:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...r=U.S._4532928
    Last edited by Danny; 11-07-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clean up

Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    It wasn't just a city it was the whole state!

Nebraska state senators and Gov. Dave Heineman have agreed to put a strict age limit in the controversial safe-haven law to prevent more drop-offs of older children at hospitals.

At least 18 children, the youngest 22 months and many of them teens, have been abandoned since the law took effect in July. Nebraska's law is the only one in the country that lets anyone leave a child as old as 18 at a state-licensed hospital without fear of prosecution for the abandonment.

Here's the entire story:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...r=U.S._4532928
    That's frackin great!!!
    "go ahead hit me I'll call the cops"
    'bolchit, lets just go for a ride...'
    "oh chit OK, Im sorry..."

JP

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    My 14yo son thinks school and homework do not apply to him. The only passing grade he has right now is gym.. WTF? I don't get it. HELP! Now he is in a depression stste and has me a little worried. So I watch him like a hawk.

OMG!! We are living the same life in different houses. I took EVERYTHING out as well. He will just sit in there an d do nothinig in the middle of the room. His history grade is an F- as he has not turned in 1 assignment this qtr. and has been abscent 5 days as he was sick. I am sure the divorce didn't help, but crap that was a while ago. How long does the healing process take for this?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    OMG!! We are living the same life in different houses. I took EVERYTHING out as well. He will just sit in there an d do nothinig in the middle of the room. His history grade is an F- as he has not turned in 1 assignment this qtr. and has been abscent 5 days as he was sick. I am sure the divorce didn't help, but crap that was a while ago. How long does the healing process take for this?

What kind of freiends does he have. that he hangs with none 1-2 3-4..In our nieghor hood we have only punks that do drugs and are idiots.Matt dosent want nothing to do with any of them.so his friend count is 1 me.Im his best friend hence all the game systems atv waverunners computer etc.I feel bad about the friend deal but thats life where we live.Dont get me wrong the nieghbor hood is nice but the kids and grown up are idiots only a hand few grown ups are cool but no kids.I spend time with matt all the time .When he is not playing video games .Like today when gears of war 2 comes out He knows when he messes up and is acting like a jerk and then priviages are revoked .And latley he is doing a good job with respect etc .So good luck out there with these kids today its tuff.

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    What kind of freiends does he have. that he hangs with none 1-2 3-4..In our nieghor hood we have only punks that do drugs and are idiots.Matt dosent want nothing to do with any of them.so his friend count is 1 me.Im his best friend hence all the game systems atv waverunners computer etc.I feel bad about the friend deal but thats life where we live.Dont get me wrong the nieghbor hood is nice but the kids and grown up are idiots only a hand few grown ups are cool but no kids.I spend time with matt all the time .When he is not playing video games .Like today when gears of war 2 comes out He knows when he messes up and is acting like a jerk and then priviages are revoked .And latley he is doing a good job with respect etc .So good luck out there with these kids today its tuff.
    His friends are like the wind. They are always changing One of his good friends started doing drugs, has been expelled and my Son says as soon as he found out they are not friends anymore. I too am his best friend and visa versa. We play basketball, xbox, walk, board games you name it together. It just must be a harder age now days. SInce he wasn't in the little football clique, some friends left him behind as well. I feel so bad for him , but at the same time I have to be the parent.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    His friends are like the wind. They are always changing One of his good friends started doing drugs, has been expelled and my Son says as soon as he found out they are not friends anymore. I too am his best friend and visa versa. We play basketball, xbox, walk, board games you name it together. It just must be a harder age now days. SInce he wasn't in the little football clique, some friends left him behind as well. I feel so bad for him , but at the same time I have to be the parent.

Parent and friend

yea kids are ruthless these days.not all but we sure havint seen our share of good one.its a 10-1 ratio of badto good out there...Well good luck out there to all us parents .

+1
    My nephew went through the same exact problems when he was a freshman. He was going to have to repeat his Freshman year because he didn't turn in a lot of papers. This year my sister enrolled him in a computer based home school program. He is making around a 3.85 GPA and finishes his work in about 3 hours. He goes to art classes once a week with other kids outside his home and has made a baseball team of home schooled kids.

One of the draw backs is that he finishes his work so quick he's getting bored, so next year my sister is going to have him start taking college level classes at a local juco and expand the art classes to an entire day.

My daughter got bored with school when she was a junior and had a conflict with a coach so she would just skip his class. She ended up quiting school that year and taking her GED and starting college. She made pretty good on her SAT's (1270 in 2003). Last May she graduated from Baylor with a Sport Marketing degree.

I'm just telling you this to tell you frustrated parents that there is hope. Some kids just aren't cut out for the traditional school anymore. The teachers have to spend so much time dealing with the bad kids that a lot of goods kids are falling through the cracks.

One of our problems is the 2 households. His mom was dating a guy that was nice to the kids after the mean guy she dated. Well she called last week and is now getting married to the "mean" guy. So now my son is even more weird. He is worried that she will not come out and see him anymore like what happened last time she was with this guy. So now she lives in Downers which is like 5 mins. from her work in the opposite direction of where we live. Her and I have talked about the concerns the kids have about her forgetting them again. We'll see what happens. This weekend is hers and she has plans to pick them up so far.
    Cross your fingers and let's pray she continues to be a mom to them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information