Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Covered or not?

Covered or not?

Ski is winterized at shop,everything done. After the seat is left partialy off do I leave any other compartments open and do I cover it or leave cover off to let air circulate? Stored in semi-heated garage in Ottawa,Ontario Canada which means some very cold temps. New owner like a new parent,lots of questions.

Banned User
    I leave my hood open, seat off and battery tender hooked up with cables still attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by navenave View Post
    Ski is winterized at shop,everything done. After the seat is left partialy off do I leave any other compartments open and do I cover it or leave cover off to let air circulate? Stored in semi-heated garage in Ottawa,Ontario Canada which means some very cold temps. New owner like a new parent,lots of questions.

+1
    I used two pieces of pvc pipe 1" dia and about 4 " long. I put them over the seat and storage stud. Holds the seat and front storage open real nice. Very cheap way to keep air cirulating. I would cover it also. I keep my ski in the garage. The ski still gets dirt and dust just sitting there for a week.

In Ottawa you need to pull the battery out and put it inside, charge it in the spring and maybe check it half way between. Cover it to keep the dust off unless you want to look at it or show it off. I keep all the comartments open so no condensation builds up. Your cover will breath.

Thanks

Thanks to Haleyscomet,Treemn and Alex13 for your help.

welcome to the forum!...I'm from Kingston, Ontario , Canada. Whats your ski?

Chris

Thanks

I have a 2006 rxp s/c. I bought it in early July,used 40 hours on it. I put almost 20 hours on it in the summer. Lots of questions but I am slowly learning as I go along. This site is amazing,worldwide help with any problem or question I might have.
    I have to travel past Kingston to the cottage,are there any good shops to take my ski to if I have to?

I take my ski to Dunford in Havelock( it's about an hour west of me) super guys to deal with. Wheres your cottage?

chris

Thanks. Ski is a 2006 rxp sc. I bought it in early July of this year,love it, i put about 20 hours on it. Lots to learn,but i am slowly learning as I go. This site is very helpful.I have to travel past Kingston on way to cottage,was wondering if if you knew of any good shops to take my skim to if I had to?

Dave.

In Picton,on east beach. I just walk across the road to hit the sandbanks. I may have sent message twice,ignore,still figuring out site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information