Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Concerns on the pro!!!!

Hey what up guys, Looks like no riding tomorrow, the bendix gave up. I got the new one today from ups and will proceed to install it tomorrow, thanks lugs for the tip. I was checking out the wash in the cyl.ers and notice that the first and second look good small build up of carbon but the thrid closest to the rear of the ski is still shiney and looks like the day it was installed. The ski fired up and ran fine no strange noises. To lean? Also may be a dumb question but do I need to install a triple pump like on my slt? Any help will be great. Thanks

+1
    i think the triple fuel pump would be wise. but i'd ask the pros in here first!

+1
    The 785 does not need the triple fuel pump it has two pumps built into the carbs #1 and #3..

+1
    The pro's have fuel pumps on the carbs so there is no need for a triple pump ,just make sure your fuel valve is not plugged up .

Steve is quick

If it's still shiny make sure there isn't a water leak or it is just doesn't have enough time on it yet for a wash pattern . Show some pics of them .

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    The pro's have fuel pumps on the carbs so there is no need for a triple pump ,just make sure your fuel valve is not plugged up .

Steve is quick

If it's still shiny make sure there isn't a water leak or it is just doesn't have enough time on it yet for a wash pattern . Show some pics of them .
    Xactly ^^^^^^^^^^^

+1

Talking

I have been working on her all day, Lots of problems People are just not honest any more are they? but its o.k. I am going to get it right It was the bendix but some one had already tried to get in there and replace it. STRIPPED OUT TWO OF THE THREE FLYWHEEL 6M HOLES, PRYED AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE FLY WHEEL. PLUS THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE OIL TANK WERE THEY HAD NOT PUT A CLAMP ON THE GAS TANK SENDING UNIT RIGHT. Left front motor mount bolt missing/ fuel/water sepator fuel of trash. Any way got a long ways to go to get it right. But DAM IT BOY I HAVE A PRO 785

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDJETSKIMAN View Post
    I have been working on her all day, Lots of problems People are just not honest any more are they? but its o.k. I am going to get it right It was the bendix but some one had already tried to get in there and replace it. STRIPPED OUT TWO OF THE THREE FLYWHEEL 6M HOLES, PRYED AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE FLY WHEEL. PLUS THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE OIL TANK WERE THEY HAD NOT PUT A CLAMP ON THE GAS TANK SENDING UNIT RIGHT. Left front motor mount bolt missing/ fuel/water sepator fuel of trash. Any way got a long ways to go to get it right. But DAM IT BOY I HAVE A PRO 785
    Drill and tap the flywheel to 8mm bolts ,i have a brand new oil tank if you want it and motor mount nut or one of the bolts if you need

flywheel.

i got a flywheel if you need one

drill out

I agree drill the holes out. Sometimes those flywheels are stubborn if they havnt been off. I really like Randys puller.

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Drill and tap the flywheel to 8mm bolts ,i have a brand new oil tank if you want it and motor mount nut or one of the bolts if you need
    might want to try an "easy out" on the busted bolts also. looks like a course tap with reverse twist. drill bolt insert easy out and twist counter clockwise. a little heat helps and works about 80% of the time for me. re: crap.... ck your fuel lines for break down... may be the crap in your seperator. also what color is it? ive dot a bud whose a boat maechanic that swears that the penzoil 2 stoke oils jell up leaving a blue green crud in the bowel.
    good luck at least winters coming so ya got time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information