Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

well, got her running. but one small issue.

i replaced the fuel line and fuel selector as it was pretty nasty. worth the $30 at the dealers imo. thanks to javier the carbs are perfectly clean and jetted to this spec.

2.0 needle and seat with 80gram spring (only 18psi pop off one carb and 19-20 on the other. little low?)
    stock high jet - 7/8 turn
    75 low jet - 1 turn

ski runs great. the rave transition is really smooth and not as violent as other 800s i have ridden. i love it.

except for this. i think its loading up at idle. it wants to bog and stall if i dont clear it first. it idles all day great but when i give throttle is bogs until i clear it up. once i clear it up, its great. i love the acceleration. once it idles again though i get the same problem.

is the pop too low?
    i reused the stock diaphrams. could that be the culprit?

+1
    What are you using for flame arrestor ??

proks.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    So by your description it's not loading up while idling for extended periods without touching the throttle?
    I think it's lean. If, when giving it throttle a few times to get it to run, you are adding extra gas needed to make the engine accelerate smoothly. Try going out to 1.5 turns and see if it improves. It's hard to distinguish between lean and rich sometimes.

When you get it dialed let me know how it compares to Javier's setup on acceleration.

Hmm, you might be right on it going lean XPSS, I remember when I bought my first XP800 it was not rejetted for my arrestors and it had a lean spot that felt similar until I rejetted.

Here's what his is doing.. if you idle for more than a few seconds and then hit the throttle, it will bog and then instantly take off. What he was saying is that it will idle for extended periods of time with no issues, just it will bog until you clear it up.

If you're on the throttle and let off for a second or two, get back on it, it will take off no problem.

As far as performance so far it seems as though his has a little better "hit" than mine does at bottom end. Side by side on top end though we're dead even, even when switching riders which is weird lol. I'm taching out 6880 RPM.

Sounds good! Yeah, I think he's lean. Don't be scared to go out more than 1.5 turns if it improves, but still has a slight hesitation, to get it dialed in. Fuel mixtures can vary based on different engines. Where the Prok's are superior is initial acceleration and a little more max rpms. You can feel it "seat of the pants" as the engine will pull harder. I take it you didn't try them on yours Javiert?

No I didn't get a chance to, we were kinda in a rush because our cherished Miami Dolphins were about to start... 5-4 woohoo!

I'll give it a shot next time we have a little more time to play, I'm amazed at the difference in appearance, talk about straight through design!

We rode for a good 30-45 minutes or so and then trailered up. I was low on fuel and hit reserve to make it back up the canal hehe

Thanks for the advice on the lows, we'll give that a shot next time out!

i might try that tomorrow and head to the canal real quick after work and see how it acts. as long as there arent any animal carcasses floating at the ramp that is. would there be a chance on the highs being too lean? i will pick up a new set of plugs and do a plug chop and see how the look. i got the plugs gapped around 0.022. about right?

No on the highs being too lean...and the high speed isn't even in the circuit yet, off idle... Yes on the spark plug gap.

Let us know how she does!

sorry to bring an old thread up. how many turns can you back out on the low speed screws. i dont want to turn then too much and have them come out while the carbs are mounted. i am going to have to go more that 1.5 turns out. still doing it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information