Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

Awesome day of testing

We were all out testing all day today with 2 stands constantly having ski's on both of them always changing something from complete pumps to grates to nozzles to adjustments.

First of with Ross's black ski 1300 non power valve (that he ported himself) was running 80.2 and 80.3 MPH. Then he changed a nozzle and ran 80.6 Mph. Great job Ross. You know there is still another half mile plus there with what we talked about to switch.

Second ski Victors conversion ski was running 86 MPH. Plus with a full tank of fuel and the ski was glued to the water. Victor you had a grin from ear to ear glad to see your ski finally running and handling the way it should.

Third ski Leo's single pipe efi ski set up for drag racing full handling and 1200 grate was running 80 MPH. Plus his ski always kicks butt i would not like to line up next to him in a drag race great job Leo.

Brian's ski is waiting for parts hope it's all here for Sebastian. Stop by shop tomorrow so we can do what we talked about.

Joss's ski is still waiting for his ported 1390 cylinders.

And then my 1390 efi ski, Leo was riding it thank you Leo. With 3/4 of gas ran 83.8 and 83.9 MPH. Then with gas very low ran a 85.5 MPH. But ski became loose had 1.007 angle on my plate.

It was a great day thank you everyone.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    What an awsome day that must have been... thanks for the update

Jim and Victor, you guys were flying out there! Great job guys. It was good to see Victor finally leaving with a smile on his face.

+1
    sounds like you had a blast superb #'s but better still you had great company....

Awsome numbers!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    We were all out testing all day today with 2 stands constantly having ski's on both of them always changing something from complete pumps to grates to nozzles to adjustments.

First of with Ross's black ski 1300 non power valve (that he ported himself) was running 80.2 and 80.3 MPH. Then he changed a nozzle and ran 80.6 Mph. Great job Ross. You know there is still another half mile plus there with what we talked about to switch.

Second ski Victors conversion ski was running 86 MPH. Plus with a full tank of fuel and the ski was glued to the water. Victor you had a grin from ear to ear glad to see your ski finally running and handling the way it should.

Third ski Leo's single pipe efi ski set up for drag racing full handling and 1200 grate was running 80 MPH. Plus his ski always kicks butt i would not like to line up next to him in a drag race great job Leo.

Brian's ski is waiting for parts hope it's all here for Sebastian. Stop by shop tomorrow so we can do what we talked about.

Joss's ski is still waiting for his ported 1390 cylinders.

And then my 1390 efi ski, Leo was riding it thank you Leo. With 3/4 of gas ran 83.8 and 83.9 MPH. Then with gas very low ran a 85.5 MPH. But ski became loose had 1.007 angle on my plate.

It was a great day thank you everyone.
    good job jim!
    be careful out there you know what happened to me

+1
    Very nice, no ski under 80mph.

Jims ski is off the freakin chain my friends. I would not have believed the 85.5 if i hadnt been there to see it. And those are all salt water speeds.
    We also did a back to back on Victors conversion. and my polished stainless grate was .7 faster than a R&D 800 grate..
    I did a back to back on my 1300 ski R&D 800 grate and my polished SS grate and the SS was only .2 faster and handling was far superior. Had a pretty bad bounce issue that plate shimming wouldnt fix, then with a switch over to the SS grate it was all gone.
    Everyone tip your hat to Jim, im sure he will duplicate it at The Hydros this saturday..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I did a back to back on my R&D 800 grate and my polished SS grate and the SS was only .2 faster and handling was far superior.
    Are you still running the SS grate with a shim between it and the shoe ?

Also how was the new pressure relief valves working ?

By the way great numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    Are you still running the SS grate with a shim between it and the shoe ?

Also how was the new pressure relief valves working ?

By the way great numbers.
    '

In my testing, even with radiusing the leading edge of the pump shoe approx .030 to match the SS grate, it is faster by .4 to .5 by shimming the rear only, of the SS grate. I use some sheet plastic that is .030 thick, and cut out to fit on the rear of the grate only.
    This may be why some initial testing was slower than the R&D grate.
    On Victors conversion, he did not bevel the leading edge of this pump shoe, installed the SS grate without any shim, and went 84.4 mph. We added a .030 shim, did not bevel the pump shoe edge, and he went 86.3.. HUGE difference.
    Two of my other tests were .4 slower without the .030 shim with beveled shoe edges.
    I did nothing with the relief system today, thats on my 1390.. Have been concentrating on getting some speed out of my newly Rossnemo ported 1300 for Sebastion this saturday.
    It still has the standard jetworks reliefs on it...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information