Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OPAS block off...

OK... done a lot of reading on the block offs and have a couple concerns / questions.

I have a 2008 P-X that I would like to take the OPAS off of.

I have read in a couple past posts that with the RE or Riva Pro block offs, the boat likes to walk east to west.

This really caught my attention as I just modded my sponsons on a little GSX, and when the boat would catch a ripple the right way it would start to track hard east or west. So hard I couldn't hold on a couple times and it was a brutal throw off even at 60mph.

With the block offs, either RE or Riva PRO, has anyone had to use caution approaching ripples / wakes at high speeds to avoid upredictable tracking??

Looking at the WORX grate with the block offs and stock sponsons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    OK... done a lot of reading on the block offs and have a couple concerns / questions.

I have a 2008 P-X that I would like to take the OPAS off of.

I have read in a couple past posts that with the RE or Riva Pro block offs, the boat likes to walk east to west.

This really caught my attention as I just modded my sponsons on a little GSX, and when the boat would catch a ripple the right way it would start to track hard east or west. So hard I couldn't hold on a couple times and it was a brutal throw off even at 60mph.

With the block offs, either RE or Riva PRO, has anyone had to use caution approaching ripples / wakes at high speeds to avoid upredictable tracking??

Looking at the WORX grate with the block offs and stock sponsons.
    My experience is that the opas will catch waves when crossing at angle. I feel like the REs or Pro bo's dont hook and actually tract better when crossing waves.

Good to hear from you, because you were one of the people whose post I read that got me thinking.

Nothing worse then hauling ass and having your boat start traking left or right! Anyone else to back this up??

+1
    To me the ski tracks straighter with the OPAS removed.... especially thru chop.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    To me the ski tracks straighter with the OPAS removed.... especially thru chop.
    This is particularly true of the RXT/GTX hulls, if you cross chop on an angle the OPAS catches and changes your heading slightly(in a very unerving manor), with the REs this problem was eliminated on my GTX.

Great feedback guys.. I've read the opas threads a few times and buried deep inside two of them I swear a couple people were saying that with the X hull that the RE block offs seemed to make the hull walk east / west.

Guess I must have read wrong.

GH is there a coupon code for the REs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

GH is there a coupon code for the REs?

The coupon code is only for Riva and R&D products. I do sell the RE's for about $100 cheaper than they sell for in Europe.

I did receive your order, thank you! These are in stock and will be on the way to you tomorrow.

Here is a good thread for you to check out
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72210

+1
    I went with the flat block-off plates initially, but later switched to RE style extensions due to some handling issues I had with the plates. Haven't noticed anything but an all around improvement in how the Ski (P-X) feels, and the high speed porpoising is gone.

BTW does the hull want to walk east / west when you're heading south, then west / east while going north? What does it do when you're going west? East? I'm getting confused

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information