Thread: MSX 140

+1

MSX 140

Found this Ski, with a bad computer in it. Are there triple pipes around for it, and how much do they run? Im still looking for a project ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIGI0066.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	103625  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    That looks like a 2003 MSX 140 (Blue).

While the Ficht injection computer can be replaced, it needs to be flow matched to the injectors. You can buy another (used) MSX 140 Ficht computer that comes with matching injectors, or have the replacement Ficht EMM (new or used) flow matched to the existing injectors.

These Ficht EMM controlled engines do not lend themselves to modifications, so triple pipes on an MSX 140 are not possible, unless you remove the fuel injection, and convert the engine to carburetors. This is known as a Matrix conversion, and there are a bunch of threads discussing the Matrix.

There were a number of significant Service Bulletins issued for the 2003 MSX 140, so it is important that you confirm with a dealer that the applicable updates have been completed for that HIN number.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I only know of one set of Matrix pipes floating around. (other then Virage Racers if he parts the ski) I heard thru a mouse that the one floating set would run $3500.00 (what he has in them).That's why I don't have them. But there may be another set that might work,but we won't know for sure till they get test fitted in.

+1
    I may go ahead and pick this ski up. He says the computer got flooded with water. Is there a possibility it could have got in the motor? He only wants 2k for it. Would be a good one for the wife, if I dont have to put too much in it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    ... He says the computer got flooded with water. Is there a possibility it could have got in the motor? ...
    How did the diagnosis of the EMM being water damaged come about?

Was the hull flooded?

The Ficht computer is essentially a sealed unit, except for the little hole for the air pressure sensor, and of course the water cooling heat exchanger that runs through the EMM. I don't understand how a Ficht EMM can get 'flooded'.

In the MSX 140, the computer is mounted low in the rear of the hull, so perhaps the wiring got soaked enough that some moisture got past the seals in the electrical connectors.

Some time spent drying and cleaning the connectors might take care of that, if that is what has happened.

DFI Technologies can often repair the Ficht EMMs, and if there is nothing wrong with it, then the charge is minimal.

but i would take a battery and some fogging oil dump a ton in to it take some white shop towels with you and a battery crank the motor over see what nastyness comes out with them over a spark wholes ,

bring a charged battery or a booster ,

then if no buy it for sure

but make sure it cranks over

Thread Information